Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 107460 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #45: April 11, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »
The original Dwilight map would take a LOT of characters to fill. I'd estimate anywhere from 800 to 1000 noble characters, at an absolute minimum, to make it a really fun island.

Oh, I don't think it's quite that bad.  My earlier "optimal" level of 3.5 nobles per region—which is actually pretty high by historical average—would put Dwilight a little over 850, and 3 nobles per region would put it at a little under 750.

4 nobles per region would be very high, and that's what 1000 nobles on Dwilight would be.

However, right now, it's got about 280 nobles. This means that once the entire western subcontinent is evacuated, we'll be a little over 2 nobles per region. That's not bad for now, but I'm hoping it'll be able to create that spark again that gets people excited about the game. (At least, combined with the various other stuff I've got planned.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan