Author Topic: Academy and skills  (Read 1260 times)

Zakilevo

Academy and skills
« Topic Start: April 11, 2014, 01:50:32 AM »
At the moment people who want to train swordfighting or other skills - probably except for bureaucratic skills and preach related skills - people sit in the capital and just train until they are ready.

Instead, I was thinking how about we change how the whole skill system works.

I think at the moment when you create a new character you start with

5% for young noble
15% for slightly experienced
25% for experienced

I think that should still be the same or be changed slightly. But for all new characters, apply skill cap of maybe 50 or 60.

Attending academy should increase the cap instead of increasing skills directly. Skills should increase more by performing actions related those skills.

Leading infantry, fighting a duel, or attending a tournament should increase swordfighting more often. Of course it should still become harder to increase your skill as you reach your cap.

Academy: maybe academies can specialize in what they offer as well. Maybe academy A can increase your swordfighting cap up to 100 while it only can only increase other skills to maybe 60 or 70. That way maybe characters are more incline to travel to other realms to attend academies of their wish.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Academy and skills
« Reply #1: April 11, 2014, 02:22:02 AM »
Look like good idea to me. Rather than having our character training there at academy for real life months. I fully support it :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)