Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Arresting priest outside of realm.

Started by Jens Namtrah, May 17, 2011, 10:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens Namtrah

A few days ago while in a rogue region (Lotruin) an enemy unit (from Tara, with whom we are at "War") tried to arrest me, but I escaped. There was a BTO in place at the time.

I thought you had to be inside your own realm to arrest priests? Was it because of the BTO he was able to ?

De-Legro

Pretty sure you can arrest a priest anywhere you like.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

Not anywhere. Basically in your realm's controlled regions, and there was something about takeovers, but I forgot that. I am not sure if it was a change to allow capturing priests even when your controlled region was being taken over, or this case.

Shizzle

Well it only seems logical. If you take over an enemy's region, you're not gonna let their priests preach about, will you?

songqu88@gmail.com

The difference is that during the takeover, the other realm has "sovereignty" over it. Maybe not "control", since you are sitting there eating their dinner.

Vellos

But you can only arrest them if your religion sees them as evil, right?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

Arresting priests is a function of realm diplomacy, not of religious views. You can arrest priests who are aligned to a realm with which you are at war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jens Namtrah

Quote from: Indirik on May 17, 2011, 10:53:24 PM
Arresting priests is a function of realm diplomacy, not of religious views. You can arrest priests who are aligned to a realm with which you are at war.

So you can arrest them anywhere you find them, if you are at war?

Indirik

I'm not so sure about where you can arrest them. I believe it is anywhere in your own realm, or in a region in which your realm is running a takeover.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.