Author Topic: North Vs. South  (Read 39328 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: North Vs. South
« Reply #60: July 11, 2014, 12:55:37 AM »
And my response:
1. A package deal with Cathay and Kindara is preferred if possible.

2. Banning Duke Usul is highly unlikely. Though I understand your pain in losing your brother, Duke Usul tortured him for a good reason. A reparation could be considered instead.

3. Cathay will not give up her claim on Ansopen, Taop, or Haul. Cathay has already lost the war. What’s the point in further crippling us?

In fact, my position was soft. But the nobles didn't feel that Velax was seriously in entering the talks because they felt the terms are humiliating. Nobles would rather die together with Cathay.

1. A ridiculous request, as the demands Kindara had made were unreasonable and there was no way any sort of "package deal" could be made without tossing existing RP out the window.

2. If you torture the brother of the enemy's leader and then lose the war, you should expect there to be consequences.

3. You were told you can have Taop and that Ansopen was negotiable. You didn't even control Haul and hadn't for months, so to claim it's "humiliating" to not be given back territory that your ally currently controls is ridiculous.

If you and your nobles felt the terms were humiliating, then you and your nobles are being unreasonable and overly prideful. Bofeng apparently had no issue bending the knee to another ruler but losing a stronghold that isn't yours and gaining a city is too embarrassing?

You received terms that boiled down to, "Give up two regions, one of which you don't currently control and the other we're willing to negotiate on, and ban one noble. Oh, and you'll get back the city your ally took from you" and this is apparently humiliating. This sort of attitude is why realms get destroyed. This refusal to admit that they should pay any sort of price for starting a war and losing it.