Author Topic: Fun RP Ideas  (Read 5188 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Fun RP Ideas
« Topic Start: May 15, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
I thought that it might be fun to generate a list of 'Fun Role Playing Ideas!' These are things that you would enjoy doing or seeing happen in the game. Things that might provide new players with ideas of where to go with their characters and inspiration for long standing players looking for a new angle to play.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

Possessive Lord
This lord keeps his knights closely tied to him. Not only is he constantly doing whatever it takes to ensure their loyalty but he is also making it clear to the realm who those knights serve. He only keeps them in an army in times of duress or under direct order. He may even request compensation for his knight's services to the realm (beyond taxes)!

Sanctuary (Stolen)
If a noble is rouge or simply hunted by other nobles, he claims sanctuary from his religion. If granted, they do everything in their power to protect him.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun RP Ideas
« Reply #1: May 15, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
When you get a decent list compiled, make sure you post it on the wiki so doesn't get lost.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 15, 2014, 03:43:30 PM »
Psychopath:
I tried this once but failed badly :P Killing, murdering, trying to climb up to power... while looking outside honorable nice and good nobleman. I got repeatly reported as vulgar when i RP'd so i quit. Maybby someone with better RP skills could pull it out.
~Violence is always an option!~

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 15, 2014, 10:43:14 PM »
I'm currently having fun playing out a newly elevated advy who has become a nobleman in Talerium.  I'm having fun with it, though I guess you never know what anyone else thinks of it.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 16, 2014, 12:48:58 AM »
I created a little murder drama with my advy. Had him go around EC rp'ing heinous murders in lord's regions, rp'ing breaking out of prisons, and then followed up with my noble a bit. The only people who really continued the RP with me were Judges.  :-\

I've always wanted to do a mercenary band. A group of 5 or 6 people who roam realm to realm to the highest bidder. Four or five players could keep really good RP going and moving realm to realm would let more people in on some good stuff.

Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: May 16, 2014, 12:53:06 AM »
Just waiting for War Island to arrive.

Gonna make a barbarian who screams about charging into enemies all the time  8).

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 19, 2014, 12:22:12 AM »
Go for the eyes Boo! RRRAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: May 19, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »
Go for the eyes Boo! RRRAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

More like ARCHER WEDGE CHARGEEEEEE!

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 19, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »
On Cathay I have so far created two OOC polls where other players vote to determine what features they'd like to see in a RP. For example my character Angela sent a unknown female head to Usul, a fellow member of the Circle of Zraath. The poll was to determine the identity of the head, whether it was a Desire Demon or Felicia, Angela's unfortunate maid. Desire Demon won the poll.

Since I can't reveal info that haven't been posted IC yet, you can read the "Trials of Love" and "Trials and tribulations of Usul Soul's life" to see the past events. A "Circle of Zraath" collaborative RP thread shall come soon which involves worship of demonic entities, blood magic and ritualistic murders. Stay tuned!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 19, 2014, 11:05:19 AM »
Some other possibly fun ideas:
  • A noble that is excessively harsh to commoners (both PC Adventures and NPC background characters)
  • A super religious noble that is NOT a priest
  • A cowardly noble that actively avoids battles while loudly declaring his bravery (conflicting actions/words)
  • A noble that manages to get all/most of a realms to obey his orders alone and then charges others for their services
  • A noble that hates his family name and relations. Maybe even tries to eliminate his PC family members.
  • A noble that is completely loyal to another PC noble and will always follow that nobles orders over those in his chain of command
  • A noble that is smitten by another PC noble and is constantly trying to gain their favor. (with taste)
  • A noble that makes mostly bad suggestions and plans, and constantly confuses/bumbles orders while being fanatically loyal

I know that some of these might be generic or seem bland, but they could still produce a colorful characters...

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 19, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Also characters that speak an unknown language or preferably use unknown words in letters and general communication is a good idea imo.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 19, 2014, 11:54:17 AM »
I have to admit, I quite liked the polls. This allows other players to have some involvement in the RP storyline, even if they dont tend to write themselves. I look forward to future polls.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 20, 2014, 12:04:02 AM »
There was a lady in Swordfell called "The Silent Ishida" who only spoke through her servant. I thought that was damned good RP.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 20, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »
My FEI character has always been loyal.  First to Jenred and now to Velax.  In order to be the opposite of his sister, Allison, I decided to play Claudio as utterly loyal.  Its been fun to play a character like that.  You don't have to worry about the big decisions.  Just do your thing and do whatever your liege tells you.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 21, 2014, 01:19:54 AM »
I created Immanuel as a power hungry, ambitious, underhand military leader. Instead he turned out as just a run of the mill noble who was pretty loyal and above board - I really suck at creating evil characters :p