Author Topic: War Island Realm Flavours  (Read 27888 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
War Island Realm Flavours
« Topic Start: May 17, 2014, 02:21:20 AM »
I have some initial ideas for how to set up the flavours for the three realms on the War Islands, but since I've heard rumours of several groups of players already planning to start in this realm or that, I thought it would be good to see what particular ideas you all had for how each War Island realm should be themed.

Please note: I'm not looking for general comments from the peanut gallery. If you're not actively planning to start in the realm you're giving suggestions for, I'm afraid they're not what I'm looking for.

So, without further ado, the (rough, sketched-in) themes I had in mind:

Silver Kingdom of Ikalak

Government type: Monarchy

Realm Theme: Monarchial realm valuing honour over all

Ruler: Silver King/Queen, elect once
Judge: High Justice, elect once
General: Argent Commander, appoint
Banker: Silverkeeper, appoint

As you can see, there's a silver theme going here ;D

In general, I had in mind a somewhat Camelot-esque feel here; chivalry and honour would be highly valued, and underhanded tactics of all sorts would be frowned upon.

Wolf Republic of Taselak

Government type: Republic

Realm Theme: Meritocracy where strength rules

Ruler: Wolf Lord/Lady, elect monthly
Judge: Warden of Law, elect monthly
General: Alpha Wolf, elect once
Banker: Foodward, appoint

For Taselak, I pictured something much more focused on strength, but with the slightly incongruous element of it being a Republic. The wolf theme would lend itself well to things like having a (player-enforced, not game-mechanic) rule allowing anyone to duel the Ruler (or General) for the position.

Holy Desert Empire of Sandalak

Government type: Theocracy

Realm Theme: Theocracy dedicated to the Desert Lion and the Snow Eagle, Whose rule must be spread across the land

Ruler: Eagle's Claw, elect once
Judge: Eagle's Eye, elect once
General: Lion's Claw, elect monthly
Banker: Prelate of Accounts, elect monthly

With its desert and tundra, a dualistic theocracy seemed like an interesting direction to go with Sandalak.

Bear in mind that all of these are just the quick ideas I came up with off the top of my head while trying to get the realm data set up in the database, so none of it has a lot of thought, planning, or RP behind it.

So, who's got plans to start a group in one of these realms already?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan