Author Topic: War Island Realm Flavours  (Read 27731 times)

Jimgerdes

• Noble Lord
  • There is no cow level
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: War Island Realm Flavours
« Topic Start: May 17, 2014, 08:37:47 AM »
I should mention I'm intending on starting in Taselak, and I was kinda hoping that it would be something that isn't a republic.  That being said I do like the idea of having a national tradition of strength.  Sort of a less centralized chiefdom type Monarchy, since Taselak does inhabit the colder, southern end of the island.  In addition I like that the General is the leader of the realm.  An interesting take on the council positions that really fits the war island feel, and especially with the theme of the strongest survive.  I think the Wolf motif is a bit overdone in other realms, but it makes sense and works well in this context, so I'm pretty much fine with it.

Maybe it's just me but I find republics horribly boring and slow.  Besides, what is there to vote on besides positions?  They make more sense on bigger islands like Atamara, Beluaterra, etc. where realm policy is more complicated, but on War Islands, everyone is just fighting everyone, and the struggle is survival, so I feel republics are a lot less dynamic and will be not as fun and lead to perhaps even a disadvantage for Taselak.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.
No man is an island, unto himself.