Author Topic: War Island Realm Flavours  (Read 27775 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: War Island Realm Flavours
« Reply #15: May 17, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »
Well, the group I have is headed to Ikalak. My idea is different, though yours isn't bad.

Kingdom of Ikalak

Realm type: Tyranny

Ruler: Imperator Maleficis/Imperatra Malefica, elect once
General: Regium Domitor/Regia Domitra, appoint
Judge: Gloriosa Carnificis/Gloriosa Carnifica, appoint
Banker: Magister Decusis/Magistra Decusa, apppoint

As you can see, it is a Latin and dark feel, while not exactly evil.

In general, I had a slightly Gothic feel, dark but not evil. They value strength in arms over anything else, while also valuing the arts and intelligence.

As for the banner, something not so bright, perhaps Silver on Black. (Don't know how to do that, so....)

In general, I try to discourage people from using titles like this. They're completely opaque, and anyone joining the realm will be very confused for some time. I guarantee you that if you use this title set, you'll get people playing in the realm for years who have no idea how to even spell the titles. (Also, if you want to be "dark but not evil," why is your Ruler "Evil Emperor/Empress"?)

However, there's nothing I can do to stop you, so if you really are set on it, I can change it to that. Assuming that your group is the largest group planning on going to Ikalak, of course :)

For banners, you can look at the existing ones, but I certainly don't have the skill to create much of a banner. I know that there at least have been in the past several players who do that sort of thing, though. Ask around, and I'm sure you'll find someone willing and able.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan