Author Topic: War Island Realm Flavours  (Read 27675 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: War Island Realm Flavours
« Reply #60: May 22, 2014, 05:13:13 PM »
On my character Fen'Harel on Taselak, thats the most important one for me. :)

Can you tell me specifically where you are seeing the name with the slash? It's definitely not showing up in the character list.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: May 22, 2014, 05:21:29 PM »
O the account page and his status page. Also I see it on the realm character list (not on the global one) too.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: May 22, 2014, 05:24:17 PM »
I originally had 5 active chars (5th char due to contributing to the game). I thought (but may be wrong) all players are given another free slot specifically for WI. I found I had to pause one of my characters (adventurer on Dwilight) to allow me to log into the game after creating my new WI character. Was I misinterpreting when thinking I should have an extra slot for WI (6 in total), or am I still limited to 5 active chars?
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: May 22, 2014, 05:25:28 PM »
I originally had 5 active chars (5th char due to contributing to the game). I thought (but may be wrong) all players are given another free slot specifically for WI. I found I had to pause one of my characters (adventurer on Dwilight) to allow me to log into the game after creating my new WI character. Was I misinterpreting when thinking I should have an extra slot for WI (6 in total), or am I still limited to 5 active chars?

No, you were not misinterpreting. There was a bug.

It should now be fixed. If you would like to PM me your family name and the name of the character you paused, I can manually unpause him for you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: May 28, 2014, 12:23:19 AM »
Will kingdom flavours be actually enforced?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: May 28, 2014, 12:43:41 AM »
Will kingdom flavours be actually enforced?
There are no official flavors to be enforced. The original flavors were merely suggestions, not demands.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #66: May 28, 2014, 01:47:01 AM »
War Island isn't about RP. The RP is there for those who want it, but for most people War Island is about War.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: May 28, 2014, 03:33:08 AM »
Oddly enough, the "war islands" have always been a hotbed of rp. A lot of it had tended to be silly, but it was still there. A few prominent religions got their start on the war islands.

But no, flavors will not be enforced by the dev team. Ther posted ones were suggestions. The actual realm styles will be set, and enforced if desired, by characters in the game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: May 28, 2014, 07:13:02 AM »
Oddly enough, the "war islands" have always been a hotbed of rp. A lot of it had tended to be silly, but it was still there. A few prominent religions got their start on the war islands.

But no, flavors will not be enforced by the dev team. Ther posted ones were suggestions. The actual realm styles will be set, and enforced if desired, by characters in the game.
I have logged on to Ikalak with 30+ messages and nearly all were roleplay, so it seems to be true of the War Islands being a hotbed of roleplay, although I haven't encountered any I would consider silly.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #69: May 28, 2014, 08:09:42 AM »
I have logged on to Ikalak with 30+ messages and nearly all were roleplay, so it seems to be true of the War Islands being a hotbed of roleplay, although I haven't encountered any I would consider silly.

Well we over in Sandalak more than make up for such criminal lack of mischief. A baleful duck that steals your souls during the night; a Giant DWARF GOD AMONG MEN who shoots lightning from his eyes, smites his enemies with a light tap of his Toe Crusher, while riding what is rumored to be a goat; and a man who burns all the mail he receives to keep warm, and wonders if they plan to melt his armor while he is in it from the sheer amount of mail he gets. On second thought, let's not talk about Sandalak, 'tis a silly place.

Zakilevo

« Reply #70: May 28, 2014, 08:14:39 AM »
Well we over in Sandalak more than make up for such criminal lack of mischief. A baleful duck that steals your souls during the night; a Giant DWARF GOD AMONG MEN who shoots lightning from his eyes, smites his enemies with a light tap of his Toe Crusher, while riding what is rumored to be a goat; and a man who burns all the mail he receives to keep warm, and wonders if they plan to melt his armor while he is in it from the sheer amount of mail he gets. On second thought, let's not talk about Sandalak, 'tis a silly place.

Silly yet epic awesome  8)

Midnight Mallard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: May 28, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Well we over in Sandalak more than make up for such criminal lack of mischief. A baleful duck that steals your souls during the night

I never said it steals souls! Everything I have said is that once the sun has set for me I will fly to the afterworlds with the grey flock and the midnight mallard to a place where it is allways warm. Actually there were cultures who believed that ducks would guide them to the afterworld so this is not silly at all. You are trying to make it sound silly by lying about it. YOUR RP's have been among the silliest sofar so just shut up and stop mocking others.

Zakilevo

« Reply #72: May 28, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
I never said it steals souls! Everything I have said is that once the sun has set for me I will fly to the afterworlds with the grey flock and the midnight mallard to a place where it is allways warm. Actually there were cultures who believed that ducks would guide them to the afterworld so this is not silly at all. You are trying to make it sound silly by lying about it. YOUR RP's have been among the silliest sofar so just shut up and stop mocking others.

No need to be overly aggressive I think. People might have misunderstood what you wrote. Things happen.

Midnight Mallard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: May 28, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »
People should read something about shamanism or totems and what ducks had for a role before they make fun of the Midnight Mallard. I just have a deep distaste for this kind of mockery, thats all. Oh I will torture you with my duck! In the next weeks we are all going to learn a huge deal about ducks!

People joining a Theocracy and mocking those who want to create a spiritual atmosphere because they dont agree with the gods they worship. In Sandalak most of the people agreed on some kind of animal shamanism thing. Well, pray to your lion or your eagle! Pray for their strength! I am strong enough myself to worship my ducks! It seems like some people joined realms only to sow mischief...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:48:21 PM by Midnight Mallard »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 28, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »
You do have to admit that the Midnight Mallard does sound a bit silly. Like a 50s/60s comic book villain. I'm sure that a lot of people think you're going for comic relief.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.