Author Topic: Welcome to the South Island!  (Read 34616 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the South Island!
« Reply #90: July 09, 2014, 09:53:37 PM »
Holding off on pressing the "nuke" button is not commendable or even worth noting in any way. If that is your only redeeming quality, you were an awful duke. It's like being proud that you don't kick your dog.
I share the same thoughts.

Xander was banned because he was constantly getting into conflict with the government and was caught plotting against the government, particularly trying to have the judge replaced.

Btw, its even worse than that because its like saying well I didn't kick my dog until after he growled at me since Xander still tried to damage Ikalak.

But yeah he didn't get much sympathy from me when he said the ruler and judge were clanners OOC, and then after people told him to stop, he made nearly identical claims of clanning but instead in character.
That's the one rule you should never break.
Stuff like that really bugs me. Don't get me wrong, its fair to be a little skeptical because of his family reputation, but some people have stated they will literally never give a Himoura or certain other families power.

His claims that he made a mistake trusting a Himoura is that the banker was appointed without giving an application which was the stated requirement, whereas Himoura and another both gave decent applications and were ignored. Because of that, Himoura protested the banker but that was supported by even the new ruler because the banker was caught stealing gold.

Dustole apparently and a few others were really annoying because they demanded a screen print to prove that the banker stole the gold or they wouldn't accept the messages the Queen gave as proof. Happily the queen did not do such because that is terrible game play to not let your characters make decisions but instead require yourself to know 100% OOC before willing to have your character accept something.

We had a fairly bold marshal on the eastern front. Then he got banned and we kinda halted.
The General was also quite active at first, but soon made a few tactical blunders and apparently lost interest.
I wish characters in power were forced to step down sooner if a player doesn't log in for days.Oh. I guess we should all thank you after all.
I don't want characters to be forced out sooner although I could perhaps understand only for WI. People should just step down if they don't have the time to play anymore but if someone is having issues in RL for a few days, as long as they aren't failing to do their duties they shouldn't be forced out of their position.

You might say, "Well they are inactive, of course they aren't doing their job" but thats not necessarily true. Sometimes there isn't things going on, and better generals should be working on strategy such that their absence for a few days is fine because their marshals are working on plans already laid out. (I mention generals specifically since they are the ones generally considered to be the ones needing to do things all the time, the most.)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton