Author Topic: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?  (Read 64028 times)

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?
« Reply #135: August 19, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »

Spearhold attacked us since we (thal) were too impressive and spearhold just wanted a war. Rio (officially) dislikes you but attacks Thalmarkin for the King of Kings thing. Nothoi are sad about the old looting of their mountains and have not dared to attack us alone, but im quite sure they dont care about the fronen-OG war. Melhed just wants more regions, and unless every letter Maya has sent the last 6-7 weeks has been lies, Wudenkin would have been just as good as Agyr. Now Agyr was simply easier to take, and nothing is more shining to a melite than an easy war (might be becqause they loose all the other ones).

Good overview - I do agree in very large part!

Indeed, my view is that Rio mainly wants to thwart Thalmarkins 'King of Kings' claim (which is a brilliant ploy! I love it! My personal thanks to those both thinking of it and attempting to push it through). We do find it strange to be aligned with Nothoi - but during these past months Nothoi has stood by its word even when it had ample opportunity to go back on it. We also find it strange - and not to my chars personal liking - to be fighting Agyr...but that is the only real possibility to strike against Thalmarkin other than aiding in defending the central mountains. Lastly, Riombara is quite aware of Melheds course during the past months. Still, the alternative would have been to sit still in our southern parts...not good at all. So I'd like to say that Riombara very much respects Thalmarkin and Ar Agyr....and will not support any significant losses of territory of either.