Author Topic: Player of Atanamirs account lock.  (Read 39901 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Player of Atanamirs account lock.
« Reply #30: June 24, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »
It's not like voicing it on the forum is going to change this a bit. They will be simply covering for each other therefore my participation on the forum will be useless and since it's an out of character discussion I feel this out of character tag quite sufficient.

"Covering for each other" in what way? In that we who speak for the Titans agree with the decision that was made, and provide reasons for it?

Or are you one of those that believes that there is an actual conspiracy on the part of the game's administrators to ruin the fun of certain groups within the game?

This game would be much better off without Titans or at least Titans who had a minimum of empathetical skill. I for instance have never seen any Titan response starting with "I understand how you might feel" and all I have seen are blunt responses.

I do understand how you might feel. I understand how frustrating it can be to see someone who you think is a great player, who you don't feel has done anything wrong, get punished in the harshest way possible in this game. However, that doesn't mean for a second that I'm going to stop from punishing him, because he's not punished for you. He's punished for the many, many people he has harassed, threatened, and driven away with his attitude over the years.

I apologize if the official announcements of the Titans come off as sounding cold and impersonal, but it's because that's what they are: official announcements. The Titans aren't there to be your best buddies, they're there to be the scary people you don't want to cross, who you know you can go to when someone is screwing around with you in an OOC manner or violating your Inalienable Rights.

In fact when you complain about them they are attracted to you like honey does to bees and respond instantly, but when you have a question they take a week to respond and give a response that makes you feel like they think your an idiot.

Well, I don't know specifically what you're referring to with that last, but a) right now, the Titans are on high alert, since we all knew locking Atanamir would create a fair amount of upset, and b) if you complain about the Titans in a Titan report, it's obviously not a valid Titan report, and easy to just reject. A report that either is valid, and needs investigation, or might be valid, but needs investigation and/or discussion, takes time to deal with.

In fact I just now received a threat of the Titans instead of the slightest bit of understanding. Which proves my entire point.

I know exactly what you received, and it was not a threat, it was a warning. You got warned because you posted two obviously invalid Titan reports, which right there is an abuse of the system, both of which were directly insulting to the Titans, and could quite fairly be said to constitute harassment. Think about it this way: You just called 911 multiple times to tell the operators that they're a bunch of idiots, and now you're wondering why you're being told you could be arrested if you keep it up.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan