Author Topic: Player of Atanamirs account lock.  (Read 37782 times)

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Player of Atanamirs account lock.
« Reply #90: June 26, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Interestingly in regards to the "Atanamir did such good things, surely they should not be overlooked" argument, there actually was a case in Taselak recently in which a noble refused to swear fealty to the elected Queen, but swore to follow the General, and actually did so and was rather loyal and active in following orders and contributing to the realm. Despite all of his "good deeds", his unwillingness to bow to the queen, and follow the rules led to him being banned from the realm.

That action was widely protested by the realm, but ultimately accepted as it was deemed that the judge and queen made their decision with the best interests of the realm at heart.

With Atanamir, it seems a very similar thing has happened. You have two choices:

Accept that the people who created the game, and are charged with moderating it know what they're doing and are acting with their game's best interests at heart, or

Go make your own game where you get to decide what does or does not happen.

Seriously, am I the only one here who treats this like a massive multiplayer version of D&D? I may not agree with some of the DM's decisions, but ultimately they are there to moderate what happens and keep the game from getting too static, and I trust them to do that. (although personally on that front I could stand to see a few more changes. Granted I also understand that stuff like that is far easier to implement on the pen and paper version than it is with thousands of lines of code)

Part of moderating a game means occasionally kicking out a player that is ruining the game for other people. Deal with it.