Author Topic: Player of Atanamirs account lock.  (Read 37619 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Player of Atanamirs account lock.
« Reply #90: June 26, 2014, 08:15:42 PM »
Did those last multis Alex report turn out to be multis? What of the other multis he reported?

He reported a large number of people, not as multicheaters, but as a suspected OOC clan.

Some of them turned out to be multicheaters.

However, this does not justify any of his behaviour. Once he had reported them, rather than simply awaiting the Titans' decision—or even nudging me on IRC or through forum PMs from time to time, as many others are known to do—he filed three more Titan reports, coming close to saying, "You should lock all these people because I know they are guilty, never mind about your investigations."

In the end, we caught the multicheaters because of an improvement to our multicheater detection tools, not because Alexandros reported them.

Might as well report everyone to cleanse the game once in awhile... remember that guy from OI mm.

Do you listen to yourself? Yes, obviously, if the Titans investigated every single player in the game, we'd find that some of them were multicheaters. But that's hardly a justification for just reporting everyone. If the Titans had the time and resources to investigate every single player in the game on a regular basis, do you think we'd need people to report suspected multicheaters for us to catch them?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan