Author Topic: Player of Atanamirs account lock.  (Read 37748 times)

Eirikr

Re: Player of Atanamirs account lock.
« Reply #45: June 25, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »
Two off-topic things:
The OOC ban has been disabled.
Oh thank you. I knew this was on the list, but it had been sitting there as evil bait for so long.

*Looks at the glacier, as it keeps moving north to swallow the continent*
Glaciers stopped already. Unless you're talking about a restart?

Back on-topic:
I've now paused my character in Perdan not because I support Atanamir, but because the rest of the realm seems so utterly devoted to the character / player (I can't tell which) that it's now stifled with OOC chatter. I'm okay with disagreement; I can see both sides of this issue... what I'm not okay with is the apparent lack of respect for the Titan process. If you don't believe they seriously consider issues, why would you even play the game? Hopefully, it's just a quick emotional response and Perdan is willing to finally see some new blood.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 25, 2014, 01:14:55 AM »
what I'm not okay with is the apparent lack of respect for the Titan process. If you don't believe they seriously consider issues, why would you even play the game?

The Titans have pretty much always had a respect/credibility problem from a part of the player base(partly why we had the magistrate experiment where things were hashed out in public, I think). They've made questionable decisions at times and people remember those. They don't remember the right decisions, but they remember the rejected cases where they felt slighted by another player. And when they do make a decision, for most players, all they get to see are the public warnings which often times leave you asking "what the heck happened to deserve that?". Then people will disagree with it because they don't know the full story and end up thinking the Titans don't know left from right.

That's about how it works from my experience. In all of that, the Titans aren't completely blameless.

Also, doesn't help that account locks etc. have only been announced to a single realm and not all the realms of the player. So people have ended up in situations where they find out their general has been locked out of the game and left wondering "WTF?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:43:57 AM by LilWolf »
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Eirikr

« Reply #47: June 25, 2014, 01:57:57 AM »
The Titans have pretty much always had a respect/credibility problem from a part of the player base(partly why we had the magistrate experiment where things were hashed out in public, I think). They've made questionable decisions at times and people remember those. They don't remember the right decisions, but they remember the rejected cases where they felt slighted by another player. And when they do make a decision, for most players, all they get to see are the public warnings which often times leave you asking "what the heck happened to deserve that?". Then people will disagree with it because they don't know the full story and end up thinking the Titans don't know left from right.

That's about how it works from my experience. In all of that, the Titans aren't completely blameless.

Also, doesn't help that account locks etc. have only been announced to a single realm and not all the realms of the player. So people have ended up in situations where they find out their general has been locked out of the game and left wondering "WTF?"

+1

I did find it a little strange not to see announcements go out to other realms.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 25, 2014, 02:08:18 AM »
Knowing Atanamir solely from his posts on the forums, I am not surprised at this decision.

Nightmare

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 25, 2014, 02:10:45 AM »
I ve been playing this game for too long to know if a decision is good or bad for the game. This is really bad. One after the other, players of Perdan exit the game. This is very bad for the game.  Sirion dudes I am sure that are disappointed by that event. Everyone wants capable enemies, so he can better shine.

I also know the player of Atanamir and be in position to know that he cares about two things: Perdan his realm to win all battles, and that the game develops, expands.
To exile a player is a behavior we should find in far fetched political systems...but again...who. Said that a dictatorship does not exist in BM?

Dionyssis Klavdianos
Aka Nightmare Aroo of Perdan
Aroo Family

Zakilevo

« Reply #50: June 25, 2014, 02:28:38 AM »
Well if he cared so much for the game maybe he should have cared for others who play against him as well.

If something is precious to you, maybe there are things that are precious to other people as well?

P.S: Telling other realms about of Umber lock is a good idea so people don't wonder what happened.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 25, 2014, 03:04:32 AM »
I also know the player of Atanamir and be in position to know that he cares about two things: Perdan his realm to win all battles, and that the game develops, expands.

And the problem is that he cares about them in that order.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 25, 2014, 05:11:40 AM »
Constructive critism :

In the Case of Atanamir, I would like to have seen more lightning bolts ( when was the last time that was used on EI? ) and more and longer locks. Also a more detailed and to the point reasoning from the Titans. I never knew about the many OOC argues or that of Drobomir. It might give me a reason to help him or caution him. Now I lose a great player, and 2 other fine players that left the game in the last hours, without me able to do something about it.

+1
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 25, 2014, 05:35:05 AM »
One thing Anaris and I have thought for a long time is that there should be some kind of case log or case summary for some "high profile" kind of Titans cases. This would not only let people know what has happened, but also provide some kind of precedent for future reference. Perhaps this would be a good time to start.

Also the idea to post lock notifications to all of a player's realms might be good, or maybe not. The idea is not to ostracize or shame a player.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 25, 2014, 05:37:18 AM »
Just so you know Alex cared about this Game and the Players before Perdan, he just had a Deep Passion for EI/EC.
Some of the older players might remember Alex in positive ways when he played but he was probably one of the best Battlemaster players to play with because he went out of his way to mentor/teach, roleplay and cause strife to keep this game interesting (few know how to still do that). If the decision was reversed it would be better, but the damage is done I believe and it is a wound that is truly deep.

I drink to you Umbar, my Corasir Pirate brother may your sails catch the wind.

Perdan loses:
Noble has left   (17 hours, 53 minutes ago)
The player of Saul has left the game, the character is therefore deleted.

Noble has left   (10 hours, 46 minutes ago)
The player of Gurgulithras has left the game, the character is therefore deleted.

Lord Pauses   (7 hours, 13 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Perdan
Sean Shaffer, the player of Lodu Eirikr, has paused her for an indefinite period.

Knight Pauses   (5 hours, 47 minutes ago) (Wouter paused all his Character on all Islands)
message to all nobles of Perdan
Wouter Eitjes, the player of Pablo D`Este, has paused him for an indefinite period.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:06:20 AM by Blue Star »
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 25, 2014, 08:45:22 AM »
May want to point out that at least one of those pauses was because the player got sick of all the OOC complaining against the Titans.

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 25, 2014, 10:39:24 AM »
I know you guys in Perdan loved him (and he wasn't banned because Perdan was a dictatorship by the way) but for everyone of you there there is someone else who he has harassed, sometimes to the point of driving them away. Apparently he was warned several times and didn't change so for those who wanted him to be bolted and given another chance, I guess he ran out of chances already. It's not ok to just overlook the bad he did because of some good he did. Only the Titans have seen every message and every detail relating the case so trying to tell them that they missed something or didn't consider something else is just pointless when it's likely that they know more than you already.

But I agree, it does seem a bit silly not to tell other realms he played in what happened in about as big a decision as this.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 25, 2014, 02:31:49 PM »
Well if he cared so much for the game maybe he should have cared for others who play against him as well.

Sadly, there are very few players I've encountered in the entire game who care much for the people they play against. There are people who say they care, but the actions rarely follow through.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 25, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »
One thing Anaris and I have thought for a long time is that there should be some kind of case log or case summary for some "high profile" kind of Titans cases. This would not only let people know what has happened, but also provide some kind of precedent for future reference. Perhaps this would be a good time to start.

Yes! There were disadvantages to the Magistrate system, but this was a huge advantage.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #59: June 25, 2014, 03:59:24 PM »
Oh for gods sake, for all the people who are whining about Atanamir getting his account lock, please, PLEASE, go look in the courthouse part of the forums. There were several cases where he attempted to harass and drive away players.

I personally have a cousin who played in Perdan, and I have long found that realm to be in denial about anything wrong its players do. This has been a LOOOONG time coming, and I'm personally glad. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who are angry are only angry because their realm is suffering a setback, not because a player has been perma-locked.