Author Topic: An Open Letter to the BM Community  (Read 11795 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: An Open Letter to the BM Community
« Topic Start: June 26, 2014, 05:18:43 AM »
Imagine a new player, or as casual player, feeling cut off from the secret canals that manipulate the game (I'm being hyperbolic, but I think you'll see my point). Imagine being exposed to OOC problems that drive you away from the game (I think people on the new War Islands might understand what I mean, by way of recent example).

Try and remember what your first day, week, month was like in this game. And maybe we can return to that more idyllic state.
As a very new player (less than 2 months), I would like to comfort you by saying that BM is actually very newbie friendly and I'm having a blast.
Not only I don't feel "cut off" from any game's avenue, but some veteran realm-mates even seem to go out of their way to help and promote my characters.
On the other hand, some old players got really entangled in OOC friendships and animosities, which of course steals a huge chunk of fun from them. And some seem to not be content with being just players and go pushing admins' buttons.
So I wouldn't worry about new players at all, but you're right that old players apparently grew to treat this game somewhat differently and it is the main source of their disappointment with it.