Author Topic: Is this right?  (Read 2542 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Is this right?
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 06:32:07 AM »
Tax has been at the absolute minimum for probably a month and still the region report says, "Taxes are much too high, production and trade suffer." I can't make taxes any lower. All the other indicators are at or close to 100% and have been for probably 2 weeks, but production hasn't changed. I can't do civil work and I can't do a family investment until population increases, but it's been increasing about 500 peasants a day. The population has roughly doubled since the last time there was any change in production. If that's how it's supposed to work then fine, I just want to make sure it's not an glitch.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Is this right?
« Reply #1: June 27, 2014, 08:49:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure it is a bug. If taxes are near 4-5% then you shouldn't get that message, you'll get "Taxes are so low that the peasants praise their luck". The name of the region and island please?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 27, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »
It's Giask on Dwilight. I believe the lord of Girich was having the same issue.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 27, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »
I'll look into that in a little while.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 27, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »
How very silly. This is nothing but an incorrect buff description (copy/paste problems).

The tax buff being applied is the correct "very low tax" one, it's just telling you it's the wrong one ;D

It should be fixed by sunrise.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 27, 2014, 05:52:27 PM »
Thought so. Since the region wasn't suffering from any negative effects it was bound to be a text issue. Thanks for the quick fix Anaris! :)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 27, 2014, 11:05:13 PM »
Thanks, Anaris. So the lack of improvement in productivity, the inability to do civil work or family investments, is that caused by a bug or lazy peasants? Like I said, we've been in these regions for more than a month, loyalty, morale and realm control are all good, but productivity seems stuck.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 28, 2014, 02:19:27 AM »
Thanks, Anaris. So the lack of improvement in productivity, the inability to do civil work or family investments, is that caused by a bug or lazy peasants? Like I said, we've been in these regions for more than a month, loyalty, morale and realm control are all good, but productivity seems stuck.

"Stuck", around 85%, is the new normal, as I said in the announcement. All stats should be expected to migrate to a particular value and stay there, and without anything else influencing it, that value should be about 85%.
Timothy Collett

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 28, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
It's been stuck at 20% for 2 weeks.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 29, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
Um...and just what percentage of its maximum population does Giask currently have?

'Cause just based on that poor city's history, I'd be willing to bet it's not 100%...and population is still a limiting factor for production.
Timothy Collett

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 30, 2014, 12:07:29 PM »
It's low but it's been increasing every day and has roughly doubled in the last 2 weeks.