Author Topic: Spying (was: Re: An Open Letter to the BM Community)  (Read 15792 times)

Eirikr

The spying in general detracts from the team spirit of the game. We're having a debate in taselak atm over whether or not to include the average noble in discussion of military strategy due to fear of spying. The answer to that is to discuss it in a small circle of trusted individuals. The problem with that is it leaves the majority of the realm outside the circle, not being included or really having any fun.

I can't really put it in words, but I feel like that's more of an excuse for laziness on the part of leadership. It's a leader's job to build up team spirit, which also builds loyalty, and makes it easier to find spies just by family relations. You could also speak in more general terms, such as "we're so much better than so-and-so, we'll take their capital right out of their hands!" No, people don't necessarily get involved in the planning that way, but they do feel a part of the team.

I'm sure we could debate it endlessly once I find my words, but something feels wrong about the extreme negativity for IC-IC spying.