Author Topic: Getting Started Again  (Read 7912 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Getting Started Again
« Topic Start: July 15, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
I am thinking about starting up again next week and would like suggestions on a good starting point.

Realm Preferences:
* Any island except colonies.
* Any government system.
* Lots of chatter and political action.
* Potential for mobility.
* Quick access to combat (I REALLY dislike the "too little honor/prestige to do anything ambitious" sage)
* A fun environment but little to no squirrel-tail, ice-cream, drug-fun, rubber-toy silliness.
* No evil/blood-thirsty realm identities. The realm should at least believe they are doing right  (Grey areas are great though)!
* I like SMA.
* Region Lords have authority over their regional resources.
* A realm with a dominant, strong religion that plays an important role in every day affairs (minus silly or drug dependent religions).

The last realm I played in was Cathay just as the big war with the Empire began. At the time the realm was just awesome and exactly what I look for. King Galiard and Duke Wilhelm were great to work with and I felt the realm did a better job of SMA than some realms on Dwilight manage. Of course, the above list is a set of ideals and I doubt any realm would be a perfect match and that is ok!

Thanks for the advice!

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Started Again
« Reply #1: July 15, 2014, 11:53:48 AM »
In Cathay we now have ice cream parlours, two houses of carnal pleasure (Dungeons & Dragons and The Blooming Rose) and a theatre named Waterstown Theatre where Tom Cruise occasionally performs. We are in midst of producing a new play called "Kindara and the 7 Sins" which would surely bolster our war funds.

And most importantly we have a Desire Demon masquerading as a Duchess. If you are okay with that then surely join in! :D
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 15, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »
In Cathay we now have ice cream parlours, two houses of carnal pleasure (Dungeons & Dragons and The Blooming Rose) and a theatre named Waterstown Theatre where Tom Cruise occasionally performs. We are in midst of producing a new play called "Kindara and the 7 Sins" which would surely bolster our war funds.

And most importantly we have a Desire Demon masquerading as a Duchess. If you are okay with that then surely join in! :D

I have to ask... Is this a joke?

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 15, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
Nope. This is what is happening while we are waiting for the inevitable, i.e., the Empire to conquer the entire island. Otherwise it is rather boring these days with Kindara half dead and no one left to support Cathay against four realms.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 15, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »
Not that this is at all on topic, but...have you considered surrendering, if you're that bored of the war?

As for on topic, I'm no longer there myself, but I believe Luria Nova on Dwilight fulfills all your criteria except the religion one (and I suspect that's one you'll have trouble fulfilling outside of Sanguis Astroism or Sartanism...)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #5: July 15, 2014, 02:43:54 PM »
Start a character on the War Islands, send a character to Beluaterra. Can't talk much for Dwilight. Atamara seems pretty slow right now except maybe for Talerium. The Far East is bogged down a bit right now, but looks like it's on the verge of a big change. Arcaea, Cathay, and Zonasa are some choice realms there if you want to take advantage of that. East Continent is probably good too.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Andre

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 15, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »
Stuff may happen on Atamara soon. Right now peasants are complaining in Talerium about the Tara and CE alliance already, so that may make stuff happen, but idk.
And Talerium is decently fun even now, atleast in my opinion.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 15, 2014, 03:37:21 PM »
Sartanisn on FEI is pretty much a formality these days.  (Not that it's been much of anything for the past year or more.) i don't remember the last time out drive anything important.  Even in the war against The Order,it wasn't really the driving force. It was mostly a spectator/cheering section for Arcaea's war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 15, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
I have to ask... Is this a joke?

With the onset of the glacier, it brought forth certain ingredients which encouraged the development of this mysterious foodstuff called icecream. However an investigation is currently ongoing after consumption of an icecream recently caused the death of one of its consumers.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 15, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
I could never come up with something like that in a million years...

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 15, 2014, 08:39:04 PM »
I think I'll give Luria Nova a go! Thanks for the replies!

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 15, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
However an investigation is currently ongoing after consumption of an icecream recently caused the death of one of its consumers.

Which was ironically a flavour aptly named Usul Mixed Monster Madness.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 15, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
I think I'll give Luria Nova a go! Thanks for the replies!
Luria's overcrowded and probably about to cave in on itself.
I'd go with a more dynamic and turbulent realm, like Asylon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 15, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »
Luria's overcrowded
Sounds like a great time to go to war!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 16, 2014, 11:14:15 AM »
Sounds like a great time to go to war!

No problem, our enemies are bringing the fun to us at a daily basis!
Ardet nec consumitur.