Author Topic: Unpausing in monster country  (Read 1557 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Unpausing in monster country
« Topic Start: July 15, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
I've seen a couple of times where chars who were paused presumably before the monster invasion on Dwilight are now unpausing and finding themselves in the middle of monster country and immediately getting captured. Most recently Hyperion Harte unpaused a few days ago, was immediately captured in Uppervia and is still in prison. Maybe these chars should have some kind of get out of jail free card since prison is not a very nice way to welcome someone back to the game.

My understanding is that they will be teleported to their capital when they're released, but what happens if their realm is gone, i.e. Niselur, Phantaria?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unpausing in monster country
« Reply #1: July 15, 2014, 01:26:26 PM »
I might be able to hack something together, but I'm not sure there's a clear enough indicator of "this char just unpaused" to be able to differentiate. I don't want everyone captured by the monsters on Dwilight to have that "get out of jail free" card.

As to the other question, anyone who is released from prison while rogue is given the opportunity to pick a new realm to join, and teleported to their capital. (This was expanded for a time to include those captured while their realm's capital was in monster-held territory, but I believe that is no longer true of any extant realm.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan