Author Topic: Change H/P Class Requirements to Bonus Providers  (Read 3815 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Preserve the entry requirements for advanced classes and just just make the "base classes" insta-accessable. I do believe that a courtier is capable of gaining H/P with his bureaucratic work no? I also think that this would also still allow for some unique character concepts to be actualized. Join, switch to Courtier, and then continue along your silly pacifist path wherever it may take you. I think that the biggest lack regarding character concept actualization is a lack of path that does not include a warrior stage.

I've actually seen that complaint for years, though never commonly.

The reason for the restrictions on courtiers and traders is primarily newbie protection, as I've said elsewhere, and I think it might be worthwhile, at least as an experiment, to allow instant access to those and see where it goes. If people start trying to make newbies into region-maintenance-bots, it'll get reverted.

It might not simpler to just allow all classes to train all skills (though they can still only use the skills allowed by their class) and have skill level determine what classes you have access to. This would make skills a bit more prominent and characters an still work towards unlocking a class even when their is no war going on via the academy.

That might, indeed, be simpler, but that's not the game BattleMaster is.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan