Author Topic: What is your playstyle as a general/marshal?  (Read 17598 times)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Re: What is your playstyle as a general/marshal?
« Reply #45: August 12, 2014, 09:21:29 AM »
My playstyle is pretty relaxed. I'll focus on making sure everyone knows what to do and where we should be. I can see how useful some mechanical aspects of play are, but I'm not normally the one to see them until they're pointed out by someone else since I tend to keep my eyes on the personal interactions between nobles and how motivated they are. It pays off since I don't want to micromanage everything and having other people pick up my slack shows me who would be best suited to replace me if I were to disappear.

As much of being a General is politics, and people don't give that enough credit. Particularly I've found that on the War Island where because everyone wants to be involved but in their own way you really have to convince them that the current path is the right one. Choose where to compromise and where not to. And when to just trust that crazy guy inside of you saying "attack".
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.