Author Topic: The War.  (Read 89560 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #105: November 27, 2014, 09:51:26 PM »
I don't want it work. I don't like destroying realms in general so I've got mixed feelings about it but in this particular case, I'll make an exception. Not to mention that after a long history of rivalry between the two realms I'm probably the only player in Thalmarkin who still got mixed feelings about it. My character couldn't save them if he wanted to.
In the past, we did as players decide to not push too far in our negotiations to keep a relatively strong Melhed at our borders. But if we can't sign treaties with them, then that's no good either.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: November 27, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »
Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. You won't know unless you try.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: November 27, 2014, 10:06:18 PM »
Sometimes realms have to die, the history of BM is richer for the realms and empires lost to time.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: November 27, 2014, 10:09:54 PM »
Yep. It happens. I've had my part in killing several. I just don't like hearing "I don't want to" or "It sucks that we have to", when nobody is actually trying to NOT do it. And maybe IG they are trying to make it not happen. I don't know. Our realm is so isolated and not involved it's pathetic. All I know is what's here in the forums.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: November 27, 2014, 10:27:56 PM »
Indirik:

If you want my advice, overthrow your king. I've written to him to ask his views on the war and I've had no reply.

Personally I'm fed up with rulers for life who take no part in making the game fun so that's why I'm recommending such harsh action :p

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: November 27, 2014, 10:36:48 PM »
I'm not complaining that I don't want it to go like this. I do want Melhed to die. This however goes against a long tradition of me arguing to keep them alive. So, yeah... I've got mixed feelings about it but that doesn't mean I'm complaining that my character overpowers me or anything. I get what you're arguing against but you're barking up the wrong tree here. If I want something OOC, I'll find a way to make it work IC. We're not trying to make our king king of all kings just because our characters adore him, we're doing it to shake up BT's diplomacy and fight a war that's not a guaranteed win.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: November 28, 2014, 01:15:59 AM »
Realms surviving isn't always for the best. If Melhed is forced to sit it out for a while, and make a ton of conessions, they won't be having any more fun.

There's also no reason to place the burden fully on Thalmarkin. Just as Luria didn't find it fair that Barca should be reformed purely in Lurian lands. Riombara has plenty of land to make a viable realm for Melhed, for example.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: November 28, 2014, 12:46:22 PM »
So? Find a way to make it work. If the players really want it to happen, then they have to work together to make it happen. One side doesn't get to sit back and say "Well, we'd really like to not wipe you out, by it's my character. You know, I can't really control him, and he wants to wipe you out, so... tough luck."

If you want to save Melhed, then find a way. Will it come back to bite you later? Maybe. But then you have a built in enemy, the next time you need one. And, really, it's a game. Who cares? If you don't like the way it's going, then change it.

As has been said by Lorgan a few times, noone really want them to live (among Thalmarkin obviously), at least noone vocal enough to say it.

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. You won't know unless you try.

Well, we did try. 3 times actually. It didnt work.

Of course Thalmarkin can always give them a 4th and 83rd chance, but it just starts to seem riddiculous.

Yep. It happens. I've had my part in killing several. I just don't like hearing "I don't want to" or "It sucks that we have to", when nobody is actually trying to NOT do it.

I dont see the problem. I wish we had not come to a place where we had to kill Melhed. Beluaterra needs more realms, not less. But we are not gonna go against any possible reasonable IG action just to make them live. I wish we werent forced to do it, but we are. It is same as with the epic RCs Melhed have. I wish we didnt have to destroy them, but its much better than the option.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: November 28, 2014, 05:19:55 PM »
And basicly Melhed is begging to get killed :) Starts war, makes it hatred, elects its rulers those who have been most betrayal towards its enemy, keeps repeating how they will not rest until we are wiped off from map... So, i sohuld say... "Gimme five and lets be buddies again?" After saying that few times and get knife on the back.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: November 28, 2014, 08:56:51 PM »
Yeah, I agree that eventually some realms have to get the boot. I just bugs me when I hear people carrying on about how they hate to do it, they don't want to do it, it's so sad... and then they go ahead and do it anyway.

And I do realize that Melhed's choice in rulers hasn't really helped any.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: November 28, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
Yeah, I agree that eventually some realms have to get the boot. I just bugs me when I hear people carrying on about how they hate to do it, they don't want to do it, it's so sad... and then they go ahead and do it anyway.

And I do realize that Melhed's choice in rulers hasn't really helped any.

Melhed's choices of everything, since quite a while, aren't helping them...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: November 28, 2014, 10:39:20 PM »
And yet the path was so clear... :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: December 02, 2014, 01:15:03 AM »
Region Changes Allegiance   (15 minutes ago)
message to Everyone on Beluaterra
Baqua has changed its allegiance to the realm of Melhed. The region used to belong to Spearhold.

Is there ANYTHING Melhed does that doesn't scream "PLEASE KILL ME NOW"? XD

I know Melhed's leadership probably has nothing to do with it... but still.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: December 02, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
Is there ANYTHING Melhed does that doesn't scream "PLEASE KILL ME NOW"? XD

I know Melhed's leadership probably has nothing to do with it... but still.

Actually Queen Maya has something to do with this. Basically the lord of the region in question feels that Spearhold is being dishonourable and breaking treaties in not fighting against Thalmarkin and so he has defected to Melhed.

I was completely unaware of this but I'm not complaining about getting a new noble at all.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #119: December 09, 2014, 12:45:26 AM »
I largely stayed out of the military bits, mostly functionary stuff like the SC and courtier business. Then Immanuel asks Mavia to do something diplomatic. Frankly, I'm surprised Fingolfin (The character, not the player) Even replied.

So now she's doing everything she can to make it work and its...not going well.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"