Author Topic: The War.  (Read 89550 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #240: January 15, 2015, 10:12:24 AM »
As far as I'm aware, we agreed to help you obliterate Melhed, and when it was done, we'd resume the war with Thal. Anything specific besides that hasn't been mentioned to me, so *shrugs*.

By the way, the lord of Sandefur needs to fix their region description, they confuse East and West.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: January 15, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »
Well, earlier there was agreed no looting eachother's lands, that's the thing that surprised me. I never doubted Spearhold would resume fighting us after Melhed's destruction.

But I never liked that agreement anyway, I much prefer to be allowed to loot. :)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: January 15, 2015, 12:55:17 PM »
The idea was that Spearhold will fight Thalmarkin on the battlefield and that neither realm will loot/TO/damage the others regions. That some doesnt know about it is up to them or the rulers.

I actually did like the agreement since it made it possible for us to actually fight in the southern wars rather than sit home and wait for an invader once per month. But well, wins and losses.. now we have a bit easier target to loot than these damned mountains (though they do have tons of gold!).
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: January 15, 2015, 09:10:15 PM »
Speaking of tons of gold, a few more turns in Sandefur and I could retire.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: February 18, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »
Great news: Spearhold just made themselves the new Melhed! :)    Complete disregard for agreements, all proof shown them (their own letters included) are considered forgeries and totally lack interest in having any sort of conversations. Old friendships are turned into "destroy us or we will destroy you" mentality in a few days.

Good for the players with war, boring for the politics that people dont care about it.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: February 18, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »
Off with their heads!
-OO
~Violence is always an option!~

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: February 18, 2015, 04:27:33 PM »
Speaking of tons of gold, a few more turns in Sandefur and I could retire.

Promises, promises...

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: February 18, 2015, 11:03:39 PM »
Good for the players with war, boring for the politics that people dont care about it.
Dude, you're totally gonna love Atamara. You should consider a visit when you finally get dead bored by all the war.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: February 18, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »
War and politics go together like beer and fizz.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: February 18, 2015, 11:21:20 PM »

Is not lying and misdirection part of the advance politics class?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: March 26, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »
Figured a report was long due.

Spearhold's King, Murchadh has left his realm for Thalmarkin to atone for the breaking of his oath and serve Fingolfin. Former Spear(General) Magnus has been elected King as Spearhold's birth city of Gethsemene is taken by vengeful Thalmarkin armies.

And as it's really been quite a while... Melhed has finally fully integrated into Ar Agyr as King Black surrendered it's last city, Mhed, to Queen Lia.
On the Nothoi-Old Grehk front advances were made and reversed by both sides though at the moment Nothoi has the distinct advantage.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:59:00 PM by Lorgan »

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: March 26, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »
And for those interested, by the end of May, the war will have been going for one year. :)

I have to say, a TON has happened since then and it's been a blast! At least for me. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:06:00 PM by Lorgan »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: March 27, 2015, 12:47:51 AM »
I wondered what happened with Murchadh.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: March 27, 2015, 08:55:42 AM »
Not sure how often he is in here so I'll just fill in the blanks which I know of...

Most here knows of the war going on, I suppose. Spearhold (or Murchadh) agreed to the King of Kings idea long ago, but decided to fight against Thalmarkin anyway to test our self-claimed superiour might. There were some agreements made between the realms that we would only fight eachother on the battlefield and Spearhold and Thalmarkin would not loot or TO eachothers regions.

While Thalmarkin was entertaining themselves in Nothois mountains however, Spearhold attacked Seandefur and looted the region until about half the population had been killed. Fingolfin got quite upset for this and called out Murchadh as liar to the rulers. Murchadh countered that there was never any agreement and that Fingolfin was making it all up.

Thereafter the most surprising thing happened, where Murchadh started to (IG) feel bad about his dishonourable behaviour, and stated that he would step down. A few days later he wrote a letter to all rulers that he took full responsibility of the broken promises and that he would join Thalmarkin as a punishment and repentence.

So well, he is one of us now! The Thalmarkian "Save Murchadh campaign" which was going on for a few weeks/months inside Thalmarkin actually worked :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: March 28, 2015, 10:48:20 PM »
And now Old Grehk, AA and Thalmarkin lose the battle of Keffa the same turn Nothoi takes the city. You win one, you lose one I guess. :)