Author Topic: Report death of an adventurer to the region  (Read 5257 times)

Jens Namtrah

Last words...man I remember something like this for Heroes, and the thought there was that on a battlefield, no one will hear you croak out your last words because even if you still had the ability to speak, you probably would not have enough strength to be audible in the din of battle.

For an adventurer? Well I am not so sure about the monster one (I think the alpha monster eats you actually), but I do know that the undead one says you are surrounded and the champion sinks his blade through you, and you die alone surrounded by undead. Alone. Meaning you are dead, and you don't say anything that gets heard by anything alive. The undead hear you, but they could care less.

Sure, you could try to roleplay out that you really didn't die immediately to the undead and had a buddy there with you who watched you die and heard you speak your last words. But somehow the current gameplay says adventurers really do go on actual hunts alone. They can share group locations, but apparently they never ever go together into the same cave. Huh, go figure.

Anytime you send a roleplay out to the realm, even if you explicitly state in your roleplay that you are alone, behind locked doors and closed windows, all events in the roleplay are known to anyone who receives the message. That's a game rule, as "stated by Tom".

The point? That there's no point getting excessively literal with messages and events in the game. People are trying to enjoy themselves.

If the request doesn't interfere with your fun, and some others think it will enhance theirs, why not cut it some slack?

I mean, if you are really worried, we can just change the dying game message to say, "A little boy who had discreetly followed you to the cave watches you die. He runs off to tell everyone in the nearby village" and Voila! problem solved.