Author Topic: 'Dying' status  (Read 14286 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: 'Dying' status
« Topic Start: June 02, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »
Does being 'dying' mean that my character will eventually die? The text that I read when I play that character makes it sound like there's still hope, but how much hope is there? And how long will it be before my character finally goes to the great beyond?

What continent are you on?  And what class are you?

If I remember how I coded it correctly, what it means is you're mortally wounded, and you have one last chance to recover or die from your wounds at the following turn.

However, that only applies where mortality is enabled—which it isn't, right now.  So basically, it means you're as wounded as it's possible to be, and it will take you a long time to recover.

I believe heroes and adventurers, when they die, always go straight to "dead" status, so you shouldn't be seeing it there.

Um...and I thought I switched it so that when mortality is not enabled, "dying" status would show up instead as just more "critically wounded." I could be misremembering that, though.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan