Author Topic: How to help Dwilight.  (Read 31327 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: How to help Dwilight.
« Reply #30: January 05, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »
Mock it all you want, you seek difficult solutions while the easiest ones are right in front of you. And for what it's worth, I'll speak as a real Lurian player now and say you this:

I don't care whatsoever if you guys cry about how boring this has become. It was your choice. You may try to deny it all you want, but someone from the League pressed a little button called "war!" and now we are where we are. It is not my duty to care about the players of the League or how they are enjoying themselves. It is my job to thank them for adding another thirty nobles to the ranks of Luria Nova, much against their will, and turning it into a powerhouse with the capabilities to singlehandedly change the dynamics of Dwilight.

If the players in control of the League foresake their duties towards their other players, that is an issue that should be resolved amongst yourselves. Name Luria a scapegoat all you want, this situation is not Luria's choosing. It was forced upon it, and it payed out handsomely with about 60 nobles now populating it. That's bigger than, say, Sandalak, a realm in which theoretically one third of the playerbase could play a character. It is due to the dedication of people such as Renodin and his merry band of roleplay fetishists, who keep creating wonderful and in-depth content for their characters, allowing you to have a good read if you want (or scroll further if you don't). It's about having opened our doors to new players, to new characters with their own traditions and history, and respecting them and incorporating them from the very first day. It's about conceptualizing yourself as a caring player, who desires every new character that joins, be they new players or old, to stick around for the ride. It's about building a team, about maintaining that spirit and that content creation which keeps your group of players going. Which keeps them coming back daily because they enjoy Luria. It's about not hogging all the power for you or your (ingame) trusties, but allowing other people with entirely different views to speak out and represent yet another portion of the playerbase. It's about merging that together, sometimes with great ease and sometimes with great difficulty, only to conclude that in the end we work as a team as long as someone is there to be called a collective enemy.

It disgusts me that in the past month or two there have been voices going out claiming Luria is driving Dwilight into the abyss by not conceding a thing. It furiates me, firstly, that this could even be an out-of-character discussion. It is a matter that directly involves the gameplay of Dwilight and should be done entirely in character.

But you know what is the worst part about blaming Luria for the misery? It is denying the endless dedication of so many players who have worked towards creating a good and nice environment to ensure that people stay interested. For that reason alone you should be ashamed to even imply that Luria has a root in the "decline" of Dwilight.

"Our choice". Right. We CHOSE for Barca to be annihilated. We CHOSE for D'Hara to lose a third of its economy. We CHOSE to have half as many realms to interact with. Right? We chose all of this.

I am not "blaming" Luria for anything. But allowing Luria to gain CE-like hegemony is NOT the solution either, and yet all of the "suggestions" from Lurian players tend to be in that direction. "Hey, allow us to become unchallengeable, that's fun!"

You will also note that none of the suggestions target Luria. Some of them would even benefit Luria. PvE defined Dwilight for most of its history, and the desire to fight them seems very, very widespread. We don't know the difficulty for this, yet, but the horde strengths have been modified a great number of times in the hopes of making things more fun.

So bring your persecution complex elsewhere. In my posts where I brought suggestions, I named Luria only twice, once to say they could benefit from the measures and the second time to point out they are the only ones who appear to be having fun. If you call that "blaming Luria for all of our problems", you have a problem. And if you want to completely disregard how geography, updated region stats and dev-decided monster invasion has benefited your realm and given it an insane advantage, and want to hog all of the success on just how great players you are, sure, go do so. Think that every other player on Dwilight sucks, and that if only they were as good as Lurian players, then everyone would be having fun. Because they just aren't trying hard enough, right? If they keep losing, it has nothing to do with the fact that they lost a good chunk of their economies and military infrastructure, right? And that a lot of the allied nobles just quit because of the hordes, they aren't worth anything either, because despite what they all said, they couldn't have been having fun.

Seriously, Fleugs. The players of Luria aren't being blamed for anything, except for their lack of perspective.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron