Author Topic: RPs of Hadron, Og, and Urtagoth from Morek Empire  (Read 14926 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Hadron Indirik
Message sent to everyone in your realm (33 recipients)
Hadron's return from the tournament was even quicker than the trip there had been. For some reason riding northwest seemed to be faster than riding southeast. Prevailing wind patters, maybe? Well, no matter. Those kinds of trivial things were a matter for scholars, and of all the things that Hadron fancied himself as, a scholar was not one of them.

Galbrecht and his troopers had still been grumbling that they didn't get to go to the tournament. In fact, Galbrecht had said the men nearly revolted because he hadn't been able to pay them while Hadron was gone. Hadron gave Galbrecht a few extra gold to take the men out for a night on the town, and the men had drowned their complaints in ale. Or wine. Or whatever it was that common soldiers did to forget the fact that they were merely common soldiers. Disaster adverted, and things were back to normal.

Which brought Hadron back to the matter of Urtagoth. He had been thinking quite a bit about this while at the tournament. He'd seen Urtagoth a time or two from a distance, but had deftly avoided him. He hadn't yet figured out what to do about that incident in Nifelheim. Until finally, while the miles blurred quickly past on the trip home, he'd hit upon the answer. He summoned his scribe, and quickly dictated a letter that should be sent to Urtagoth.

-----

Count Urtagoth,

I am sorry to have missed you at the tournament in Balance's Retreat. I had heard that you were there, but I could never seem to find you. I see that you were eliminated in the first round, as was I. It is of no importance, though. Swordfighting was never much interest to me. I prefer jousting, the true sport of nobles.

Now that we are back in Morek, I have to apologize for ruining your plans in Nifelheim. I was unavoidably detained, and wasn't able to make the journey to meet. I hope you didn't wait too long there for me.

However, my man Galbrecht has ferreted out some news that maybe of interest. You've no doubt heard that Marshal Orris is worried that the crags in Yggdramir might cross the straights and invade Astrum lands. Well apparently crags are capable swimmers, able to swim long distances, though not very quickly. Several peasant villages along the northern coast report seeing some crag swarms headed east. Perhaps we should meet in Storm's Keep. The northern coasts are rugged, and it will take the crags several days to make the journey. If we hurry, we may be able to get there ahead of them, and attack them as they come ashore. If not, them we will be able to ride to the rescue of the locals.

I look forward to meeting you in Storm's Keep. Ride swiftly, or there may not be any crags left by the time you arrive.

-----

When he was done dictating the letter, Hadron had the scribe read it back to him, to make sure it was perfect. It was, of course. "Very well, scribe, sign it with all the usual titles and embellishments. Then send the fastest courier we have to deliver it."

After the scribe left, Hadron relaxed back into the comfortable chair by the fireplace, and smiled at the thought of Urtagoth sitting around in that godforsaken coast waiting in vain for him and the crags to arrive.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.