Author Topic: Seasons  (Read 9458 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Seasons
« Topic Start: January 06, 2015, 11:40:03 PM »
In my opinion Battlemaster has over the years become a mish mash of idea's and half implemented features. In order to make the game more approachable, and more robust I plan to start a series of discussions that focus on some of the game mechanics that perhaps do not add enough to the game to warrant their existence. First up is the season system.

Seasons were added for realism and only affect Dwilight and the FEI. Over the years many people have expressed that seasons are more of a nuisance and frustration then a feature that adds excitement to the game. In the most part they make the food aspect of the game, which is already a chore for many, just that little bit more complicated in terms of securing a surplus for the low production months. They also affect war in that travel times during winter are slowed. It is just my opinion that things like this, while appealing for a small group of people, mostly just hinder war and other interesting interaction. I want to canvas other peoples opinions and thoughts to see if seasons are something useful to retain in the game, and if they are if they should be rolled out to the rest of the continents.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.