Author Topic: Seasons  (Read 9451 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Seasons
« Topic Start: January 07, 2015, 02:35:12 AM »
It's one of the few purposes for the banker and traders games.  Like it or not there are those who like that aspect of play.  Seasons are a good addition in my opinion, though the suggestions of Lapllanach would be good additions too.

One of the questions I will get to soon is about the current classes and if all of them are required and add significantly to the game. Keeping something because it adds a marginal interest into a rarely used class is in my opinion not reason enough to keep it in the code base. We keep so many things because there are plan to flesh them out "eventually" and the end result is disappointment from those players who haven't travelled this journey for years (and often disappointment from those that have). I'm not saying it is the case with this, but keeping a feature that 80% of the players find annoying or worse, is hardly worth it to maintain a small point of interest for the smaller group that like to engage in that feature.

No game can be all things to all people, nor appeal to all game play preferences. BM needs some focus in exactly what it is catering to for so many reasons, like cleaning up the code base so it is more manageable, cleaning up the user interface so it less overwhelming to new players, making new feature easier to implement, and so that the small Dev team can focus on the parts of the game that mean the most to the majority of players.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.