Author Topic: Seasons  (Read 9450 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Seasons
« Reply #15: January 07, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »
I'm speaking as someone who plays a banker in a realm with seasons, and I think I would not like it as much in a realm without seasons. This does not mean it's impossible to manage food without seasons, only that it seems to me the interactions food brings are more interesting when seasons exist.

Also, I was considering the opportunity to remove the season mechanics but to keep the rest of the food game as it is. A complete removal of the food game would be an entirely different matter. While I personally enjoy it, I can see a rationale for removing it entirely.

For me also when I was a banker. But I also accept that is is damn hard to find bankers at all, because the food aspect of the game, not just seasons mind you, is not even CLOSE to universally appealing. Removing food entirely would upset certain balance aspects of the game, which would need much more careful consideration and changes to the code to work. Seasons already are not implemented game wide, thus their removal does not truly upset the game balance.

With the way rot works, the game does not particularly favour the idea of storing food in large amounts against future need. Seasons and weather though both work to force that concept upon us. Droughts in particular, given their random nature and their completely unpredictable duration encourage the idea of far more prudent food management, but we have not the tools to actually do that.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.