Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 63830 times)

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #90: January 15, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »
Going to reply a bit to De-Legro's responses that have backed up...quote spam warning. I promise it's over.

Suggesting that one group takes some form of action in no way means that other groups aren't going to take action.

Except that your suggestion here is that Arcaea break up so everyone can go about their merry way without having to have done anything. So while it doesn't strictly prevent other groups from taking action on their own, it eliminates the need to via free-pass.

Regardless we are in a situation where the least populated continent aside from the colonies is generating an atmosphere were players in realms other then Arcaea are feeling they have no real reason to keep going. How we arrived there and how it could have been stopped are useful discussions, finding a way to fix it is a far more important one.

I don't disagree that the FEI needs a way out, but I vehemently disagree with the way you're suggesting.

Yup, but as players we know those big monolithic realms are stagnating the game.

So don't support them?

We are losing players which basically means that unless something changes the game can not continue as it is. Glaciers were unpopular, the other alternative that was considered was simply closing islands which would hardly be more popular. Unless the mindset of the player base shifts to making the game fun for the majority of players, we will continue to see people leave when they feel they and their realms are irrelevant in the game world, and if that continues it will hardly matter if you are the largest kid on the block, cause very likely you will be the only kid on the block.

We agree that the player mindset needs to be changed, and that it needs to focus on making the game more engaging, but we still diverge when it comes to implementation. It's too late to start thinking about what's fun for everyone once the island is in a swamp. Folks needed to be thinking about that before. Fun for everyone starts with what you yourself can do to make the game fun. Expecting someone else to preform some balance-fu after the fact if people aren't happy with where their decisions led them is just...wrong.

How is involving themselves in the war have anything to do with the concept of limited wars that was the entire reason for formulating the concept of the Empire in the first place? I could understand them attempting to keep Coralynth out of the war, but to declare against Sorraine as well simply destroys the core concept that the empire will allow wars among member states and act to prevent escalation (and gang bangs)

I'm guessing we have different interpretations of allow. As to preventing escalation and gang bangs, it kind of sounds like they intended to do that too.