Author Topic: Barca, Luria, etc.  (Read 9572 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Barca, Luria, etc.
« Topic Start: January 22, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »
Not quite. At the time of negotiations, before Barca and the League invaded Luria, Luria had lost outlying southern provinces (Moon Bay, Vaal in Sun Hall specifically, probably some southern parts  Sky Hall), and most of Earth Hall (including Poryatu, Poryatown, Flying Hongrns, Girich, Mattan Dews, Lupa Lapu, Dantooine). To the same monsters that hit every realm. Not 'to a number of realms'. That was *after* initial negotiations broke down in lieu of a military invasion. Luria's offer to Barca was for D'hara and Fissoa to *share* the burden of Barca's survival, to which Luria was discussing providing southern Sun Hall regions (including Aveston) to Barca. This, because Luria was *also* trying to manage the survival of Niselur and Asylon within Sun and/or Sky Hall. The League's response was 'shove it, surprise invasion, break treaties, rape' we want one of your cities. All fine IC actions, someone has to play bad guys, just pointing out it didn't engender much positivity in return. But this puts in perspective 'League lost a ton of land' in light of the League proportionally still possessing more land that Luria but demanding Luria give up more and more of their realm. Again, this is perfectly fine ICly, but OOCly we can at least recognize what is.

I won't say Luria's enemies didn't make decisions that made sense from their perspective - I'm just saying they made those choices and those decisions had the consequences of those realms' deaths. Anyway, this is a bit of a distraction from the original point of Barca's death due to non-player created situations as opposed to my point of player choices also contributing to their deaths.

NOTE: Mods please split this Dwilight tangent off of FEI's board?

I don't recall Aveston before offered to Barca before they were there. After all, that required some dev intervention, no? Townslands can't usually be capitals, that's why we wanted Shinnen.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron