Author Topic: Democracy of Vix Tiramora  (Read 7642 times)

Zakilevo

Democracy of Vix Tiramora
« Topic Start: April 05, 2015, 05:56:19 PM »
So we've been voting for about 4 days to decide what realm we wish to create and at the end, we have chosen to become a democracy.

Fontan number 2 here I come!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy of Vix Tiramora
« Reply #1: April 05, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »
Wow, first democrazy on EC in several years. We don't get too many of those in the game at all any more.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 06, 2015, 03:34:54 PM »
I played in Fontan years ago with my original account, but I left the game before things got dark for them. I loved the democracy, it had such a different feel from the usual "knights and kings". I am very excited for this!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: April 06, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »
I played in Fontan years ago with my original account, but I left the game before things got dark for them. I loved the democracy, it had such a different feel from the usual "knights and kings". I am very excited for this!

And that's why it fell apart. When things don't work out, people just divide themselves up quickly and before you know it, your military starts to go through voting as well!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 06, 2015, 04:25:37 PM »
And that's why it fell apart. When things don't work out, people just divide themselves up quickly and before you know it, your military starts to go through voting as well!

Actually, Fontan fell apart for two major reasons.

The first was, indeed, that the realm had become factionalized, and couldn't agree on a good course of action; however, the main part of this reason was not that they were voting on everything, it was that they let the people who couldn't conceive of a new strategy working stay in charge of the military. So they found that Strategy A didn't work, and decided that the best solution was to keep trying more of Strategy A.

The second major reason they fell apart is because they had come to rely heavily upon the Fontan Lions. This high-activity elite army turned out to be primarily composed of either a multicheater, or an OOC clan so tight-knit they might as well have been one. Then, when their leader got reported to the Titans for threatening to report someone else to the Titans, and got a private warning (I think it was private, anyway; it certainly was no worse than a public reprimand), he went absolutely ballistic, and ragequit, taking 3/4 of the Lions with him. Once they were gone, the military leadership of the realm turned out to have no clue how to actually run a war without the absurd advantage that kind of army gave them.

Democracy itself can be a double-edged sword, it's true, but to suggest that there are no democratic realms that have done well in BattleMaster is just patently false. Riombara, for instance, is highly democratic, and has survived through all but one of the BT invasions, defeated its old nemesis Enweil (also, incidentally, a democracy), and is now the 800-lb gorilla of Beluaterra.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: April 06, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »
and is now the 800-lb gorilla of Beluaterra.

With just over 20 nobles running it. Looks big but empty inside :(

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 06, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »
With just over 20 nobles running it. Looks big but empty inside :(

...Inflatable gorilla?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 07, 2015, 09:38:41 PM »
Mmmmm... War!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: April 07, 2015, 10:37:26 PM »
In two weeks. That is how long Sirion and Caligus are willing to stay and defend.

I've never thought I'd run out of hours for 2 days in a row just doing ruler actions!

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 03, 2015, 06:16:20 PM »
Do you think there will be war for a long time!? I'm almost ready to delete Erik and I'm thinking about a new char for EC, but I will need war to not stay with an idle character doing nothing while almost the entire continent is at peace.

I thought to send Erik to the new realm jut to fight Perdan, but... meh. He's too old. I deleted most of my paused and old chars to start a "new era" with younger chars. Now, I just need good wars to fight.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: May 03, 2015, 08:27:20 PM »
This war won't end for 76 days. After that we will have a short break and probably gonna go for each other again.

Vonyx

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 09, 2015, 09:56:06 PM »
 Any plans for opening up new estates anytime soon? :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: May 10, 2015, 02:28:39 AM »
Any plans for opening up new estates anytime soon? :)

Oh... really? are we out of estates? :o

Vonyx

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 10, 2015, 10:00:40 AM »
Oh... really? are we out of estates? :o

Yes!

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 19, 2015, 06:18:09 AM »
First day playing... prison!
I think I need to learn how to use scouts again...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!