Author Topic: Lions vs Tiramorans: the petty war of the South!  (Read 19927 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Should I have crossed any plans, I'd apologize.
I have no problem with anyone seeking out wars, or anyone's IC plans screwing up my own IC plans. (Though I admit that I will grumble and bitch about it :p )

My gripe is the assertion that everyone is trying to shoehorn in on your war because they can't think of any other way to get involved in one. The Perdan/Vix Tiramora conflict, and the situation surrounding Vix's formation is something that affects several other realms. There are perfectly valid reasons other realms might want to get involved in it, in one way or another. (And not just from the lame "we support our ally!") If you'd bothered to talk to your neighbor when you got the throne, you'd know all about it.

But that wouldn't be the sincerest apology.

No one is asking for an apology.

After all, if realms were gambling on a conflict between Vix and Perdan (and yes, it was a gamble, looking at how it turned out now),
Yeah, it is a gamble. Everything is a gamble. Your war is a gamble. It could easily start the next continent-wide war that you're hoping to have prevented with your war games. (Again, talking to your neighbors and scoping out the political landscape would have helped here.)

that should raise more questions as to how such realms approach the concept of creating war.
Definitely a fair point. Starting wars, and then ending them, is definitely something that has always been very difficult. It is always incredibly difficult for a realm to start a war without 90% of the other realms on the island using that as an opportunity to declare you an "aggressive, land-grabbing, expansionist menace", and then piling on against you. Just like it's nearly impossible to go to war, grab a region or two, and then end the war. As soon as you start one, everyone wants to call in their allies to punish you, and use it as an excuse to grab three or four regions from you.

I don't know that staged "war games" are quite the answer to this problem, but I suppose it's worth a shot.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.