Author Topic: the conflict looming  (Read 60520 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: the conflict looming
« Reply #120: July 28, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
Yes, as it turned out there were people in Riombara dealing with the monsters behind our backs. That doesn't mean it was official policy. Far from it. The point is, you accuse with one hand while excusing your own largely equivalent actions with the other. I'm sure Lefanis did try to get the monsters to go after Enweil. Well, as we've seen and you've admitted you had tried to get the monsters to go after us even before that. How can you really complain about us not trusting you... ?

Riombara stayed pure if you ask me. That's why there was a secession in the first place. All the hard-line anti-invader people stayed in Riombara while the collaborators went with the Meridian Republic. It's not like there was a tacit understanding about it either. Evander and Delvin were both enraged by what happened. If Telrunya hadn't out of the blue offered to return his duchy to Riombara and step down, bringing D'Este with him, it's very likely that we would have allied with Enweil to go after the Meridian Republic after the invasion. Most of the people who were behind the secession did not return to Riombara. Telrunya and D'Este were given amnesty because of their voluntary actions in returning their duchies, plus Telrunya stepped down. Celyn Haethorne was already gone. Hylor Hobbs was only permitted to return because he was deleting his character and wanted to do an RP about it. Vellos had already sacrificed himself at the Temple of Light. Lefanis was not permitted to return under any circumstances. Athins was gone. The only one I can think of whom we allowed to return was Nigel de la Fere, and Evander pushed to ban him. Thought about trying to get Yuri Ishimu banned too for taking Avengmil over to MR shortly after the original secession.