Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 22268 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Topic Start: August 01, 2015, 12:28:04 AM »
Roleplay from Catherine Chamberlain 

Tradition would have dictated her staying  in the company of family for the coming hours, but tradition would see her married barefoot and adorned with the blossoms of the white tree.  Her talk with Brock and Illyses had confirmed for her, she was not altogether a traditional girl. She was not a girl at all, but a woman, a queen and a mother. The white garbed barefoot virgin had been beaten in a duel some time ago now. She returned to her rooms with Ewald.

Kristina, as always had looked as though she knew what was coming as Catherine had breezed back into her apartments, she produced a deep red gown from behind a screen and smiled knowingly at her sister.  Catherine kissed her cheeks briefly and went to cozen Wulfric in his furs.  The boy slept fitfully, the howl of this wolf quieted by the sleep of the innocent.  Her sister helped her pull the gown into place, its cut restoring a figure she had not truly possessed or inhabited since Wulfrics birth.  She removed the garland and settled the diadem back on her head.

She had looked to the glass as her sister re braided the strands of her hair that had escaped during the day.  Her sister worked in silence, the smile resting warmly on her lips telling Catherine that there was no offence in her actions.

"Garas has requested my presence."

Her sister laughed indicating with a hand sweep all she had done to prepare for this prior to her sisters return: "Ora knows your spirit Kate, and I know you. Garas needs you more than even he can know."  She kissed her sister briefly and Catherine left.

Accompanied by Ewald and the scribe Garas had sent her to negotiate the other wings of the palace.  The boy was desperate to send word ahead,  she was quite certain such formality was unwarranted with the number of Garas' men in the corridors.  The Queen of Nivemus in a blood red gown striding through their midst was not a sight easily overlooked.  As she proceeded they would stop and bow at her passing, she almost felt the need to laugh at such formality, but it was a foolish woman who made fun of respect.

Catherine stood before his doors, she had bade the guards and heralds silence and hoped that they would not betray this simple request.

Opening the doors she walked into the room, Garas looked up barely registering her at first:

" I asked not to be..." his words stuttered to a halt. "Catherine, I was not sure whether to expect you..."

She smiled, smoothing the front of her bodice before clasping her hands before her: "I heard that you had need of me. I believe we have festivities afoot?" He still seemed a little dumbstruck by her arrival.  She looked to him, a playful smile in her eyes: "Will I do?"

He took her hand, relief evident on his face: "Always" he seemed to mutter.

"Now that little scribe you sent me has told me of your seating plans.  I hate to be difficult, but I must disagree with your logic. All are here as friends now or potential friends.  do not alienate anyone by slight or acknowledgement of malice... you will sit next to Ecthelion, he is arguably the most powerful man on the Island he should be seated to your right.  Princess Siana of Eponllyn to his right.  I will be to your left, with Garin to my left and the Duchess of Negev to his left.  The others I agree with your thoughts, but do not make enemies when we could all yet be friends..."