Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 22271 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #15: August 01, 2015, 12:38:16 AM »
Roleplay from Catherine Chamberlain   

The formality of Oligarch made her feel a little parochial. As Garas propelled her along the corridor doors were opened at their nearing and the way was cleared without word or fanfare. There was the merest sense of an excited susuruss that turned to respectful silence as they approached.  Nobles and vassals of the city alike backed away from their procession, from the youngest children to the ancients in their finery,  all seemed won over by their charismatic Lord.  Oligarch had never loved Nivemus, as she saw the way the city interacted with her Lord she could begin to see why they viewed the jewel of the North as such a backwater. This one city had a population that was greater than that of the three cities and the townsland combined of Nivemus.  What was big was not always beautiful though, and Catherine reflected that the jewel of the North would forever be her home.  As they neared the great hall, she spied more of her fellows from Nivemus and the banners of the families hung taut from the rafters indicating the presence of many of the great families of the Island.

They paused at the last set of doors, the heavy ancient oak did little to mitigate for the strains of the music and conversation drifting from within.  She steadied herself smoothing her gown once again.  Garas looked at her the edge of worry in his eyes; she clasped his hand tightly and smiling up at him gave the faintest nod.  The doors were opened and within seconds the music died and the conversations soon followed.  The mixed lines at the side tables stood immediately.  Upon the dais, the seating was as she had indicated it should be.  It warmed her to see both King Garin and Prime Minister Tezokian in particular.  She reflected that it was probably a good thing her sister had not yet arrived since she had given places of honor to a pair of priestess' from their neighboring states. The table on the dais rose as the rest of the room as she and Garas split she moving left and he right.

She clasped hands with Lady Dubhaine: "It is an honor to meet you Duchess, your kinswoman spoke most highly of you. "

King Garin dipped his head at her approach, but she pulled the King into a brief but warm embrace:  "It is good to see you again my friend, I had heard such ill tidings that you were breathing your last, it makes me happy to see this is not the case."

Garas had already reached his place long before his wife-to-be. She smiled a brief apologetic smile at him and looking around the room in general, she took her seat.  The great and good of the Island followed suit resuming their chairs.  Only Garas remained standing.

Roleplay from Garin Indirik[/u]

Although surprised by the Kronagos' familiarity, Garin returned the embrace. It was unexpected, but not unwelcome. "It is good to see you again as well. Indeed, my healers tell me that death was not too far away. The Caligan assassin was very skilled, but not quite skilled enough to finish the job. I see that you are doing quite well. Lord Garas is a lucky man."

Garin followed the usher to his appointed seat. He greeted Prime Minister Garas and Prime Minister Ecthelion.

"Prime Minister Garas, congratulations on your wedding. And my compliments on the splendid festivities. This is quite the celebration."

"And greetings to you as well, Prime Minister Ecthelion. It has been quite some time since we last met in person."

When introductions were complete, Garin sat to listen to the speech, and enjoy the festivities.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:55:34 AM by Chamberlain »