Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 22054 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #15: August 01, 2015, 12:41:20 AM »
Roleplay from Garas Gabanus 

As all the guests had seated, only Garas was left standing. Tradition dictated that he opened the festivities with a speech, and he had one prepared for days. Written and memmorized clearly as to not make mistakes. He looked around the room, the greatest of men gathered and a tension well known to all, but he had to show strength.

"Welcome, honored guests. It fills my heart with joy to see you all here at our wedding. The greatest honor shown by Nivemus, Sirion and Eponllyn to send the most highly respected representatives. Prime Minister Ecthelion, it is a great honor to have you present today. King Garin, welcome my friend, I am pleased to see you alive and in the flesh once more. It is also a true honor to see so many of the spirit to be among us today, Duchess Siana a pleasure as usual, Legados Kristina, truly an honor, Margravine Brigdha it has been too long, welcome! Also a great welcome to all other honored guests and friends, a great sight."

Garas paused for a moment, and as he looked around the room he saw his captain seize one of his own spies in the city and remove him from the room with great force and without hesitation. Garas however had no time to concern himself with the matter. He would speak to his captain later on why he risked ruining his speech by this strange show of force. Hopefully nobody has seen it, he thought. All of this took no more than 15 seconds and he cleared his mind again.

"Tonight we celebrate the upcoming union of two people, of my most beautiful and wise bride and myself. I remember well the first time I met Catherine," Garas said, without noticing he had already grown accustomed to calling the Kronagos by her first name. One could only wonder how this would be intepretred by the guests. A lack of titles could be viewed as a sign of disrespect as it is sometimes used, but in the current context one could also see it as a sign of respect and familiarity between the two to be wed. The interpretation would most likely depend on the individual, but to Garas this thought did not even cross his mind. He merely spoke of what he thought and felt, he did not even notice it as he continued his story: "I was recently appointed General and after the initial invasion the armies of Sirion, Nivemus and Epponlyn joined up to fight their oppressors. While I had met with the Sirion council often, that night would be the first time I met Stratarchos Brock and High Constable Kromm, at that time of course, in person. I was but 17 years old and somewhat nervous to meet them. When I arrived at the meeting, she was there also. This was over 10 years ago, but she was as beautiful as she is now and no man could walk past her and not be impressed, as was I. But she was the Kronagos, and I but a young man recently appointed General. But that day, she showed to not only posess beauty, but great wisdom also..." he said as he looked at Catherine with a tender smile, which few had ever seen on his face, "...that day she positioned herself in my mind and a bond was created over this decade, which has now made me the most blessed man in the world as she has taken my heart and soon my hand in marriage."

Garas paused for a moment and let his words sink in with the guests. He had thought long and hard on the story to tell, but thought the great war against Perdan was what united the north. Perhaps the story would inspire warm feelings into the hearts of these northern alliance leaders again, as he had no southern guests he did not have to worry about them. At the same time he had desired to show his guests that this marriage was not merely political and hopefully take away some mistrust. 'Hopefully, this will be enough for them,' Garas thought to himself. During his speech, he had taken the hand of Catherine and she occassionaly squeezed his hand softly.

"Now, let us celebrate and enjoy these festivities my friends! To our union my love," he said as he raised his glass for the first toast.