Author Topic: The Empire  (Read 37195 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Empire
« Reply #45: October 01, 2015, 11:55:49 PM »
*manages to stop laughing for a moment* H-hey Indirik, he's trying to give you, of all people, a history lesson.

And I love the condescending tone of his trite speeches regarding "never giving up" and a number of other cliches. It makes for a pretty picture, the way he says it would make it sound like we have been completely inactive sitting on our asses while this has been going on. Unfortunately for that inflated ego of his, we haven't been sitting on our asses. I myself have been directing my efforts to Dwilight, since that is where my attention will probably have more of an effect. And there Indirik and I have definitely helped to make that continent a better place. The implosion of Morek, which has subsequently seen three new realms in active, localized wars, turning around what looked to be a slow death of the continent.

Compare that to FEI, where Arcaea is too closely entwined with the politics, and too close at hand to be ignored, you begin to see a very different situation. Unless Arcaea loses another duchy, they're still the dominant force on the continent, and the other realms have to tiptoe around it to get a good war going.

But we're sorry that simple facts are seen as "excuses" by those who can't be bothered to analyze the situation around them.