Author Topic: The Empire  (Read 37087 times)

Eirikr

Re: The Empire
« Reply #45: October 02, 2015, 07:14:46 PM »
Reading these recent posts, it's like the nastier days of the Atamara forums... Hasn't a moderator rolled through here yet? I can't tell the difference between "spirited" and "toxic" (to use the usual buzzword) from the language being used.

Anyway, I just popped in here because I saw new posts and it's a continent I play on... and from what I'm gathering, Arcaea is supposed to either split its parts between everybody else or just sit in the corner and be quiet so everyone else can play? I recognize we're in a position of power (though, let me tell you, it hardly feels like it), but our players need something to do, too. As it is, I think we dragged our feet getting involved in the war at all. (There were [are] solid IC reasons for our reluctance, but in normal circumstances, any other realm would've declared war long ago.)

I know it's an arrogant thing to say, but the real reason "FEI is dying" (which I don't think it is) is the fear of losing. It's been said that when Arcaea enters into the war, it stops the war... well, why? Because our opponents just fold. It's never even tested. There's just an assumption that our participation is a death sentence and therefore the war becomes pointless to continue. What about sticking to your convictions? You might find that your resistance brings you allies. I honestly thought Arcaea was dead in the middle of Claudio's orchestration. If it wasn't for that, we probably wouldn't have allied with Cathay... I worked with them because I raised the call and they answered. That simple.

Which leads me to another point... pissing off Arcaea and then claiming you have to "tip toe" around them to fight a war is an illogical standpoint. What do you expect? I get that it was a move to try alleviating the problem (which I think it actually has done to some extent anyway), but you needed to be prepared to accept and deal with the situation if it didn't work out... not complain about it. At least now there are much clearer allies and enemies and Arcaea isn't at peace with absolutely everybody. (In terms of actual relationships - I don't think our diplomacy reflects this quite yet.) - I feel like I need to elaborate on this point more fully, but I'm not quite finding the right words... I'll try to return to this.