Author Topic: Character limit changes  (Read 60821 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Character limit changes
« Reply #165: November 19, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
Er, I happen to know some programming. Though my skills are beginner at best, as my work revolves around supporting instead of development. But what programming languages do the game utilize? :o

The game is written in PHP, using the Doctrine ORM framework to interact with its MySQL database (at least, where it's been updated to do so).

If you would like to join the dev team and help out, you would be more than welcome. However, bear in mind that that wouldn't be a blank check to implement whatever you want; you'd have to make sure that your code was accepted by...well, these days, basically me. That said, a lot of the things feyeleanor suggested were good ideas, just lacking in dev time to implement them. So if you were willing to put in that time, there would be no mandate that you participate in handling the major changes that have been announced and those that will be announced shortly. You could write code for new features, so long as you were also willing to help keep those features bug-free.

But the changes are going ahead now, whatever happens.

Well, I mean, unless we get another 300 active, permanent players within the next few days. But that doesn't strike me as terribly likely.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan