Author Topic: Good realm to join?  (Read 22977 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Good realm to join?
« Reply #30: December 08, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »
Vita's summary sums it up pretty well. Fingolfin is revered by his realm as it is their belief that he, with themselves on his side, saved humanity in the last invasion and is the only one who stands between the entirety of humanity and infinite darkness in the imminent next Invasion.

Nasty Thalmarkin and their allies. Hypocrites all! Claim to be working against invaders and for humans. Yet they freely use large numbers of summoning scrolls to summon monsters and undead against their enemies. I hear they have official government appointees to research and use magic summoning scrolls to best effect against realms that won't bow to their will.

Good thing you reminded me of that again... It's been sorta dormant since we lost the last Grand Wizard and a whole bunch of advies. But we've gotten plenty new advies later, time to revive it. :)
The purpose is gathering and using non-summoning scrolls however.

Also, Thalmarkin has not once used summoning scrolls en masse in this war. There've been incidents with nobles using them, naturally, but it's never been condoned or encouraged. I do know of instances they were strategically used by allies however and I think the current ruler of Spearhold has some dark cult around them. But well, I'm just happy they recognize the King of Kings already. ;) Which is why I have deliberately not informed Fingolfin of those instances, nor pushed the fact that Southern realms are using scrolls as well.

Come on! You get there and say "hey give me half your realm or i'll fight for your enemy" to one of the oldest nobles, founder of the realm, and expect a good welcome?

Glad to see fun times in Nothoi. Our own new arrivals have stirred some up some dust as well (though not such great clouds) and I like it. :)