Author Topic: SA vs Morek  (Read 21521 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: SA vs Morek
« Reply #30: December 13, 2015, 10:09:48 AM »
Actually the realms they fought against frequently had Astroists in them. Maybe not the majority but there were some notable Astroists in secular realms and they weren't chastised for being in a realm at war with a theocracy.

The problem was the federation, not the religion. Turin even introduced a treaties for how theocracies should go to war. I think it would be pretty sweet if people adopted it (or at least pretended to). I think the spiffiest part is an honor code for champion warfare.

Hahhahahaaha.... oh you're serious, let me laugh even harder :P

Dude, I was in the upper echelon of SA members during these wars. They made a HUGE deal about Astroists fighting each other. It was ridiculous.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: December 13, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »
Astroist Lurian Emperors were constantly pressured to join with their fellow astroist brethren against the unfaithful enemies. And they weren't even in the federation block. They were even allied with said unfaithful enemies.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 13, 2015, 03:37:28 PM »
Oh noes! Religious leaders pressuring governments to take action to support the religious agenda. How horrible! Those mean players should be banned!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 13, 2015, 03:56:06 PM »
Uh, no objection to that. No one had even made an anti-SA, anti-religion statement, or that people were playing the game wrong (by applying IC religious pressure). I try to play all my characters religiously. One of the two characters I was mentioned has evolved their views quite a bit since then.

Just pointing out that 'it was the federation not the religion' is not an entirely accurate interpretation of events because there was religious pressure outside the federation. Nothing on whether said pressure is positive or negative. To that question the only answer is 'context'.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: December 21, 2015, 01:00:57 AM »
Hahhahahaaha.... oh you're serious, let me laugh even harder :P

Dude, I was in the upper echelon of SA members during these wars. They made a HUGE deal about Astroists fighting each other. It was ridiculous.

I was too. What do you mean by a "huge deal". I can't remember a single person who was ever banned, punished or even admonished publicly merely for serving in a secular realm at war with a theocracy. I think we even had a few people that got away with being in realms that were the targets for crusades. They did have to pay some lip service saying they were not participating in the war and were protesting it but still that's a pretty permissive attitude.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 21, 2015, 01:37:52 AM »
I was too. What do you mean by a "huge deal". I can't remember a single person who was ever banned, punished or even admonished publicly merely for serving in a secular realm at war with a theocracy. I think we even had a few people that got away with being in realms that were the targets for crusades. They did have to pay some lip service saying they were not participating in the war and were protesting it but still that's a pretty permissive attitude.

I was during the war against Kabrinskia. Lets not forget that I was an Astroist during that time attacking an Astroist realm, the only difference is that my realm was the red headed step-child of Astroist realms. My mistake was believing in the infallible nature of the prophet and I believed he would remain neutral not condemning nor condoning the war. Well he didn't remain neutral and quite clearly said that he sided with Kabrinskia. That was the end of my time in SA, we founded the Blood cult and initiated a war that swallowed the entirity of the west lands until the monsters came and blew us all away like so much dust.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: December 21, 2015, 01:56:15 AM »
Wasn't Mathurin gone before Kabrinskia was established?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: December 21, 2015, 02:23:48 AM »
Wasn't Mathurin gone before Kabrinskia was established?

Nope, he came back for a short while and we spoke a bit and thats when he sided with Kabrinskia. I wish I had the letter but its ages ago.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: December 21, 2015, 02:33:40 AM »
Huh. I can't remember details back that far, I guess.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: December 21, 2015, 05:31:00 AM »
I was during the war against Kabrinskia. Lets not forget that I was an Astroist during that time attacking an Astroist realm, the only difference is that my realm was the red headed step-child of Astroist realms. My mistake was believing in the infallible nature of the prophet and I believed he would remain neutral not condemning nor condoning the war. Well he didn't remain neutral and quite clearly said that he sided with Kabrinskia. That was the end of my time in SA, we founded the Blood cult and initiated a war that swallowed the entirity of the west lands until the monsters came and blew us all away like so much dust.

There was more to it than that...  You are over simplifying your reasons for being kicked out.  You were quite antagonistic if I remember correctly.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Zakilevo

« Reply #40: December 21, 2015, 05:33:49 AM »
I also remember him as a rather Anti-SA figure.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: December 22, 2015, 05:46:05 AM »
I also remember him as a rather Anti-SA figure.

A rather Anti-SA figure who was in SA, served in the council a few times, founded an SA theocracy in old Thulsoma up in Storms Keep, brought SA to Asylon stood alone against Caerwyn when they wanted to crush us because we were SA, preserved the temples of SA in Asylon, and finally fought Kabrinskia because they were instilled in the west lands to bring a foothold that was for stopping Asylons expansion. If the prophet hadn't taken a side in the war we'd have still been SA, Asylon was SA , was basically run by a council of SA leadership. The only difference was that Thulsoma and Asylon were never sanctioned SA strongholds, they were always outliers and survived by themselves against all odds or plans by the eastern leaders of SA.

I don't think many people know of or remember many of the roleplays that Glaumring and Mathurin had way back. I set him the monster that could speak a bit of our language in a cage to the capital of Corsanctum, the monster went missing, I sent them bloodmoon from Thulsoma to study and several nobles and even priests took it, I was the first to sail beyond Niselur on a boat to the edge of the world where the sunken temple is on the ice flows where the flat black tapestry of the sky holds the bloodstars and set back some of the most accurate readings of the bloodstars location to Corsanctum, and finally on the foundation of old Thulsoma a Corsanctum priest was requested to come and live with us and he came up and lived with the Thulsomans as a representative missionary of the church until he was killed in a monster attack.

Being called 'Antagonistic' by a Kabrinski...Thats classic.

I have always been an ardent supporter of SA and worked hard for SA, I couldn't help that SA wasn't looking for thinkers, when all it wanted was mere followers.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: December 22, 2015, 07:41:13 AM »

Being called 'Antagonistic' by a Kabrinski...Thats classic.

The irony was not lost on me either
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: December 22, 2015, 08:28:38 AM »

The irony was not lost on me either

Glaumring is tragic, designed to be a tragedy. His desire to fit in with Dwilight and SA has always been at odds. From a poor noble in Melodia to a freebooter in Virovene searching for adventure, to the king of Thulsoma a realm only remember for its usurpers in its dying days and then to Asylon where Caerwyn, Astrum, Kabrinskia and later friends and family Terran and D'Hara all desired to see it die and for him to fall. Alas, unlike so many ... I still stand.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: December 22, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »
Glaumring was a delusional, insane old man with a persecution complex. He couldn't handle the fact that people didn't care enough about him to actually want to persecute him. Talk about paranoia...

Really, we all just wanted him to go away, but he kept on popping up again and again like some kind of crazed whack-a-mole. We tried to ignore him, but he wouldn't let us. As soon as we thought the coast was clear, he'd jump up in our face screaming about how we couldn't keep him down forever, or how bloodmoon fruit was the secret to life, the universe, and everything.

I have no idea who you were sharing all this rp with. In all my years of being in SA, I never heard 90% of that stuff you just rambled about.