Author Topic: Mentoring system  (Read 6551 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Mentoring system
« Topic Start: December 10, 2015, 04:46:36 PM »
Dear devs,

When I first started playing (oh about 11 years ago or so I think) BM there was a mentoring system in place which worked perfectly. You could ask any question you had to these mentors and it created a form of personalized bond between the players, but also between the chars. It was a form of constant interaction with at least one character in the realm, which kept you interested in the realm and in the game in general.

These days we have an OOC forum where you can ask noob questions basically and that's it.

I'm not sure why the old mentor system was dropped, but can't we re-instate it, with possibly one or two changes to make it work again. I remember being a mentor as well in Sartania for quite a while and had a lot of fun guiding the newer players back then and you really did get a personal connection. I think to bring this back into the game would help us to keep more of the new players. Once people have their place in BM and start doing stuff and know how it works, they're usually hooked. I mean for most players the graphics (say wuuut) and the game mechanics are not the things that make the game so awesome, it's the players and the interaction. We can try to do this as players already, but I think the mentor system was a great help in achieving this.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela