Author Topic: Emigration Problem  (Read 2531 times)

verydryice@gmail.com

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Emigration Problem
« Topic Start: December 16, 2015, 06:33:49 AM »
I have a adv and a noble on far east, both are going to emigrate to dwilight, but after my adv. emigrated and lost all gold but 5 silvers, the game would not let me emigrate my noble. The family name is Dulcis, the adv. is Fides II, and the noble is Adam.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration Problem
« Reply #1: December 16, 2015, 07:16:53 AM »
Does it tell you a reason you cannot emigrate your noble? Or is there a black screen bug? Or something else?

verydryice@gmail.com

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 17, 2015, 05:24:01 AM »
The error message is, "There is already another character on that island with the same name. You can not emigrate there due to database restrictions, sorry." Does that mean I need to change the name first before Emigration? There is an Adam on the island, but definitely no Adam Dulcis.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 17, 2015, 05:57:11 AM »
Yes, you need to change your first name. Everyone has a unique first name on their island. Consider a middle name or a minor tweak. I'll try to keep an eye on name changes until I see it come up or just wave at me when you've submitted it.

verydryice@gmail.com

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 18, 2015, 05:55:56 AM »
wave。Adam =》Pip

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 18, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »
wave。Adam =》Pip

That's not a minor tweak. That's a complete name change.

The point of asking for a middle name or a minor tweak is so that your character remains the same character, with essentially the same name. The purpose of the name change request is not, and has never been, for characters with names that are perfectly good for the milieu to change them to something completely different.

You need to request something more along the lines of "Adam P."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan