Author Topic: The Great Northern Civil War  (Read 33680 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Northern Civil War
« Reply #30: December 30, 2015, 11:26:08 PM »
well,  when they refused very generous surrender terms we had no choice.  One realm can't attack a single fortified city especially when they can draft peasants as militia.   Look at Sirion and Oligarch on EC.  Very similar situation here.   In fact now that the assault on Springdale failed and HD made some political blunders with their war declarations it is unlikely that Springdale will ever be assaulted again.  We'll take the food producing regions from HD so they can't feed Springdale and then the city will slowly starve.

Oh, you had a choice. Not every war needs to devolve into a siege of a city, in fact a fluid war between just Arnor and Antiqualia would have been much more fun. But no, the rulers of Swordfell, Arnor, and Morek seem to spit in the face of anything remotely resembling fun, forming a coalition to demolish anything that should stand against them in the North. It's like the Theocracies all over again, and mark my words that what Arnor, Morek, and Swordfell are doing will lead to a very boring north.

My war declarations weren't "political blunders", it was meant to establish a meaningful conflict. But god forbid Morek follow through with its conflict with Astrum, or Arnor deal with its own issues in Antiqualia by themselves. God forbid anybody in the North not ally with everyone in sight. So go ahead, take our rurals, starve Springdale into submission, knowing you guys probably even destroy HD. Don't come crying to me when Morek Empire v2.0 leads to a mass of bloated realms with nobles leaving left and right out of shear boredom for greener pastures.