Poll

What should be the next goal of Xavax?

Found a state religion ( "Vox Renascentia Phoenicis" or "Children of the Phoenix" under consideration)
Go to war and absorb another nation
Make allies and cause a major multi-realm conflict
Turtle up and mind our own business
Join hands with the other starter realms and cleave the world asunder

Author Topic: The Spirit of the Phoenix of Xavax  (Read 4381 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: The Spirit of the Phoenix of Xavax
« Topic Start: December 21, 2015, 05:16:28 AM »
...Aaaand the OOC that spawned that last post, an RP. :)

Out-of-Character from Magnus Aurea   (2 days, 23 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (22 recipients)

HAAAAA! I had Quaestor for treasurer originally, Justicar for judge, couldn't decide between Commander or Legatus for general... Then figured I shouldn't go stereotypical Greco-Roman like most people do and went more generic to give it less of a theme, since Xavax will be its own theme ... Ironic.

I think we should keep with the poetic irony of Xerarch and think of other similarly fitting yet ironic drawbacks to our !@#$ed-up situation that birthed the very spirit of the phoenix in all of us. Xerarch means "walker of earth, land-treader. Originating upon or from the dry land." I use it as an ironic stab at our previously-dry empires that are soon to lie submerged beneath the vast oceans. It points to our origin, our history of hailing from existing realms, from stability and education and civilization, then our loss of all that, then rediscovering the meaning of civilization, culture, faith, and purpose in a totally alien setting with complete strangers for the mutual benefit or destruction of all. Its Mutually Assured Destruction, effectively. If we don't put our all into Xavax, putting aside our selfishness and idiosyncrasies, Xavax will fall to conquest or internal chaos... At which point all of us "lose." A Xerarch's purpose is to keep our keep firmly planted upon solid ground - yet never forgetting the waves of chaos that brought our past downfall. The Xerarch should be a constant and eternal reminder of our image and purpose - and the profound cost of forsaking the glory of Xavax. It ends up being its own little self-sustaining weirdly-democratic in its respect of everyone's individual opinions and desires, meritocratic by the virtue of the experience and wisdom of its well-versed nobles, yet monarchic with its King whose word reigns effectively absolute, pseudo-nationalist cult, heh, feeding on all sorts of facets of failed governments - uniting the best of each into a self-sustaining zealot realm.

!@#$ it, why not? I didn't plan this... I originally voted for an Administrative Republic, but Xavax just kind of... Took a life of its own.

"...Fitting, isn't it?"

Gregory John Struck
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.