Author Topic: Make advy sage hunting less onerous  (Read 2463 times)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Make advy sage hunting less onerous
« Topic Start: December 22, 2015, 06:02:34 AM »
intro
Well hurray, I got an item up to 25%. But the sage ran off. This is after three or more adventurers corner him and have enough hours and gold to move from region to region. I have been trying for nearly two months full time.

Suggestions
If the devs read this I'd love if you could consider the following suggestions.

- sages and special folks hang around minimum one day (two turns) and possibly longer.

-adventurer skill gives a possibility of announcing the arrival or departure of a sage from you current location

-shouldn't have to hit the quest screen to know if you share a location with a special person

- allow nobles to incentivise visits- maybe a pot of gold to entice them to stay longer or more often

Rationale
It's just to difficult with such a high expense of moving between regions when the sage might have gone to one of four or five places, you run out of time and money by the time you've checked one or two, if you don't have a network to help, you are screwed. Even if they move two regions away, you are unlikely to catch up.

Benefits
Benefit to the above, nobles can feel like they have indirectly asisted adventurers, promoting trade and artifacts, far less frustration at having to track special people.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Make advy sage hunting less onerous
« Reply #1: December 22, 2015, 08:33:47 AM »
Ah, so you're one of the like, 3 or 4 advies I was hunting the sage with near Fissoa the other day? I've been trying to corner that bastard every since I rejoined BM... Which has been, well, a fee months now.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 22, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »
That's me, Tonks. It's been so long I have forgotten who I was meant to be repairing it for.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 28, 2015, 04:12:10 AM »
The changes they made this year already were a MASSIVE improvement.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 28, 2015, 04:37:40 AM »
- sages and special folks hang around minimum one day (two turns) and possibly longer.
- allow nobles to incentivise visits- maybe a pot of gold to entice them to stay longer or more often
I'm not changing how sages move. It seems to work good as-is. Three adventurers is quite a bit for one sage.

-adventurer skill gives a possibility of announcing the arrival or departure of a sage from you current location
-shouldn't have to hit the quest screen to know if you share a location with a special person
This already exists in a way. Based on advy skill, you get rumours of sages and wizards in the general vicinity. Advies visit the Quest page anyway when investigating or hunting. You get these automatically at turn changes or you can manually search for rumours.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 30, 2015, 03:57:19 AM »
Except in chasing him around the Palm Sea which takes me like 23 hours. He can trot back and forth across the tick and I've wasted two days or more. A simple "special person has arrived/left" would save a trip to the Quest screen. Since it doesn't cost anything to check, like a rumor does.