Author Topic: What's your politics. also, religion?  (Read 12103 times)

Nellamkuyzhil

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: What's your politics. also, religion?
« Topic Start: December 29, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »
I agree with every word Vita says but it still doesn't answer my question.

I understand and even encourage people celebrating their religious heritage and culture.  It's part of our identity and something our ancestors worked hard at preserving and each generation of our predecessors has left a part of them in it. Hell I myself wear this old wooden and iron rosary most of the time cause I have reason to be proud of belonging to one of the oldest Christian community in the world.

That lies apart from the fact that I can in no way condone genuine religious worship or prayer etc. I mean even if we believe that one is spiritual, is there a better mode of expressing it than working to improve society and accelerate the process of freeing mankind from its silly and dangerous chains?

I know people are going to state that they can do both things in their own time but isn't wasting time in rituals and worship etc voluntarily and publicising your 'religion' a kind of traitorous behavior when you could be doing better things with your time or at least not enabling the idiots who identify their and live their lives solely by the rules of such religion and see you as a source of validity and inspiration in their faith?